On Stay Adventurous March equals Mexico. Yes, it is always All Mexico All March on the site. It’s Mexican March Madness (#MexMarchMadness).
Mexican March Madness for 2016
New year, new focus, but same mission to share the magic and mystery of Mexico all March on Stay Adventurous with #MexMarchMadness. This year, the focus will be on the ruins, with over 30,000 sites inside the country there is SO, so, much to see and explore. It extends way beyond the popular Mayan and Aztec civilizations. This month we will explore ruins from the states of Veracruz, Chiapas, Nayarit, Chihuahua, Q. Roo, Estado de Mexico, Mexico City and more. We will visit popular site and also explore a few lesser known sites too.
Come along for the ride and learn more about one of my favorite countries this and some of the best things to do in Mexico again in 2016, as we explore the ruins.
Why Travel to Mexico?
If you know me, it’s no secret I love Mexico. If you don’t, well, welcome aboard. Hopefully after each March you will learn more and even start to appreciate all the positives the country offers its visitors.
Don’t be afraid to love the country either. You may even be surprised about what you’ll find. There are many reasons Why I love Mexico and my love affair runs deep, very deep. It started with the 16 months when I lived in Mexico City, (DF) and traveled across the country. Since then, I have considered Mexico my second home. Now it is a place I love to return to a few times each year. But ….
Is Mexico Travel Safe?
Yes. Yes, it’s safe. And no, I am not naive. I understand there are areas of Mexico that might be dangerous such as border towns or even certain neighborhoods in certain cities. But I live in the New York City – there are certain neighborhoods I might avoid in my country too. Yet, I recommend visitors come to New York City and the United States in general. And I recommend you visit Mexico. Hey, you can probably get a good deal too.
But, how do you really know Mexico is safe?
Well, how do you know it’s not safe? Have you been there? I visited Mexico on average between four-five times each year since 2010. That’s a lot of air miles. The recent destinations include: Chiapas, Riviera Maya, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico City, and Puebla. During my adventures I spent time with tour groups, attended conferences, traveled with friends, worked as a travel writer, led a tour – Stay AdvenTours to Mexico City and also traveled solo. I never felt threatened or in danger once. Not once. So are you ready to give Mexico a chance (or another chance?)
Ok, I’ll give Mexico a chance, but what do you plan to cover in the Series?
Glad you asked. In the past I’ve published adventures from multiple destinations and continued with the current themes: Sunset Sunday, Culture Through Cuisine, Beach Thursday, Where to Stay?, and more. Ypu’ll see some again this March, but it has a theme in 2016. Again, 2016 will focus on the ruins inside Mexico.
2016 Mexican March Madness
For 2016 it is all about diversity again, but this time with the ruins. The country is far from just Mayan and Aztecs. entire country. Let’s explore and visit a few ruins I haven’t posted on, but visited. For exisitng ruins posts, find Coba, Chichen Itza, and Teotihuacan already described, but let’s discover more:
- Tulum (Mayan); Bonampak (Mayan); Palenque (Mayan);
- Quiahuixtlan (Totonacs); Cempoala (Totonacs, Chinantecs and Zapotecs)
- Ixtlán del Rio (Nahuatlaca)
- Paquimé (Pueblo)
and more post relating to adventures in the regions.
- Adventure in Chiapas with ATMEX
- the Villahermosa Sunset Sunday from Red-hot Tabasco
- Episode 13 – Adventure Travel in Chiapas
2015 Mexico March Madness
This year, 2016, is a little different. Yes, it will be a month of all posts on Mexico, but this year I will explore more of Mexico and attempt to do something for the entire month… 31 days, 31 states. Ever want to know a Mexico location, learn the best Mexico travel tips, well then come with me and explore Mexico State by State. Yes, Mexico, or the United States of Mexico has 31 states and a capital. So for Mexican March Madness in 2015, I will do an story, identifying the best Mexico Travel tips and the Where to go in Mexico and providing the location and advice for each of the 31 states in 31 days.
I plan to showcase something each day and highlight a different state. Remember 31 days in March and 31 states in Mexico. (correction: in early 2016, Mexico City became the 32nd state – It was just a DF – federal district, not unlike Washington DC for those in the States, but now it is a full state)
So for the 31 days of March in 2015, we will explore the 31 States of Mexico. True Mexican March Madness.
- day 01. Puebla – the sunset view of Popocatépetl
- day 02. Baja California Sur – Let’s Go for a Ride in Baja
- day 03. Oaxaca – Come to the Party in Full Headdress
- day 04. Yucatán – See a Stand of Pink Flamingos
- day 05. Aguascalientes – An Angel in the Museum of the Dead
- day 06. Campeche – A Peaceful Sea of Green
- day 07. Sinaloa – Setting Sail with el Pacifico in Mazatlan
- day 08. Quintana Roo – Sunset from Isla Mujeres
- day 09. México – The Mystery in the State of Mexico
- day 10. Durango – The Perfect Road Trip in Mexico
- day 11. Nayarit – The Magic of Mexcaltitan – Zarandeado
- day 12. Baja California – The Rural Heart of Mexico
- day 13 – Querétaro – The Big Rock of Bernal
- day 14 – Morelos – Love is Eternal Spring in Cuernavaca
- day 15 Jalisco – Flying High at Sunset in Puerto Vallarta
- day 16 Chiapas – Discovering the Undiscovered Mexico
- day 17.Chihuahua – Mexico’s Best Souvenir Mata Ortiz Pottery
- day 18. Guerrero – Dive into Acapulco
- day 19. Tlaxcala – Big Enough to Amaze
- day 20. Guanajuato – The Best Fiesta in the World?
- day 21. Nuevo León – Refressh in Matacanes Canyons
- day 22. San Luis Potosí – the Spiritual Sunset
- day 23. Colima – The Party in the Plaza of Comala
- day 24. Hidalgo – See Mexico by Hot Air Balloon
- day 25. Coahuila – Don’t Skip its Many Wonders
- day 26. Michoacán – The Monarch Migration Miracle
- day 27. Tabasco – The State; not the Hot Sauce
- day 28. Sonora – Mexico’s Warm Welcome
- day 29. Veracruz – The Catholic Cross Arrives with Cortez
- day 30. Tamaulipas – Crossing the Border to Heaven
- day 31. Zacatecas – Discovering Zacatecas from Above and Below
Mexico Recap video: Watch it > All 31 Mexican States.
There is also the capital city – Mexico City, the destination my first tour, the StayAdvenTours will take you. Details here:
2014 Mexican March Madness
- Acapulco – The Joys of Tacos al Pastor
- Acapulco – Grandma Knows Best
- Cancun – Spring Break Escape
- Cancun – The Sunrise Surprise
- Chihuahua – A Stroll through Chihuahua City at Sunset
- Mazatlan – The Carnaval Celebration
- Puerto Vallarta – Racilla makes me happy
- Riviera Nayarit – Episode 1 – Discovering Nuevo Vallarta
- Riviera Nayarit – What’SUP Sayulita
- Riviera Nayarit – The Beach Town of San Francisco, Mexico (aka San Pancho
- Veracruz – Sunset on the Rocks
2013 Mexican March Madness
- Ah Chihuahua – Walking Across Copper Canyon (Mar 01)
- Sunset on the River in San Blas (Mar 03)
- Hand Rolled Cigars of Catemaco, Veracurz (Mar 5)
- Playa Camarones, Mazatlan (Mar 7)
- Sunset at the RIU Hotel in Nuevo Mazatlan (Mar 10)
- Running through the Streets of Oaxaca (Mar 11)
- Bisabirachi Valley or Valley of the Monks (Mar 13)
- The Heart of Puerto Vallarta (Mar 14)
- Sunset in Casa Grandes, Chihuahua (Mar 17)
- the Five – Photos of Veracruz (Mar 18)
- Quenching the Thirst for Tequila (Mar 19)
- Tulum for Spring Equinox (Mar 21)
- Sunset in Plaza de Toros, Mazatlan (Mar 24)
- Mexico City’s Modern Art (Mar 25)
- The Children of Nanciyaga (Mar 26)
- A Mexicana’s Sweet 15 (Mar 27)
- Ciudada Juarez-Home to the Margarita (Mar 29)
- The Catedral of Copala, Sinaloa (Mar 30)
- Moonset in Puerto Vallarta (Mar 31)
2012 Mexican March Madness
- Sunset Sunday – Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita (Mar 4)
- Adventurous Lives – Jill Logan in Todo Santos (Mar 8 )
- Sunset Sunday – Las Majahuitas Resort (Mar 11)
- More than Whale Watching with Vallarta Adventures (Mar 14)
- Sunset Sunday – Dreams VillaMagna, Riviera Nayarit (Mar 18)
- Photo Essay – Walking the Streets of Yelapa, Jalisco (Mar 20)
- Sunset Sunday – Le Kliff Restaurant (Mar 25)
- A Day at the Spa – Casa Magna Marriott (Mar 27)
- Where to Stay? – Mazatlan (Mar 30)
- Sunset Sunday – Hotel Catedral (April 01)
- Photo Essay – Convent of Valladolid, Yucatan (Apr 05)
2011 Mexican March Madness
- The Road to San Blas in a Rental (Mar 14th)
- Tips on the Top Three Mayan Ruins of the Yucatan for Equinox (Mar 21)
- Deer Island, Mazatlan, Mexico (Mar 3)
- Surfin´San Blas, Nayarit Mexico (Mar 10)
- Pizotita, Jalisco, Mexico (Mar 17 )
- Bonus – Three Beach Videos (Mar 31)
- San Blas Murals (Mar 25)
- Golden Zone, Mazatlan (Mar 6th)
- Puerto Vallarta (Mar 13th)
- Estrella del Mar, Mazatlan (Mar 27th)
- El Arrayan Translates to “Great Mexican” (Mar 14)
- Conde Naste Traveler Hot Listed afe des Artistes (Mar 16)
- Vallarta Adventures – Pizotita, Jalisco (Mar 17)
- the perfect Trio in Vallarta (Mar 18)
- International Gourmet Food Festival (Mar 31)
Stay adventurous, Craig