It’s been cold. Real cold.
And snowing too.
So after the ‘Seasons Greetings’ celebrations end and the all the Christmas warmth wanes the new year might even be colder. Much colder.
So, in thinking how to warm up (and showcase photography), I decided to start a special series dedicated to beaches from around the world.
Welcome to the Winter Series – Beach Thursday.
So why Thursday?
I can’t take credit for creating the Beach Thursday idea. I actually came across it on twitter (like most things) when I noticed the #BeachThursday hashtag. And from there I found the source of the idea- Isabelle’s Travel.
She, like many travelers enjoy a day at the beach and on one rainy Thursday an idea was born with a tweet. Well, now this winter (again), I am deciding to create a special series based on the concept.
So what can I expect in the series?
Beaches of course. Each Thursday of Winter , one beach a week will be highlighted. The story will include, my thoughts, my experience, and my photographs in an attempt to warm us all up and remember life is beach, right?
But, which Beaches?
You can expect a heavy dose of Mexico in the series. Yes, my affair with Mexico is well documented on the site, but I will showcase beaches from all over the world too. I will make sure I inspire you with other countries, continents and my creativity. Expect some interesting angles too.
The first iteration of the series was in 2010-11 (see below), and am now working on 2016-17. Stay Warm this winter and see beaches from all over the world:
2017 #BeachThursday Posts
- Punta Mita, Nayarit, Mexico
- Harvest Caye, Belize (post on Porthole Cruise Magazine Blog)
- Laru Beya Resort in Placencia, Belize
2016 #BeachThursday Posts
- Ponte Verda, Florida
- Sitges, Spain
- Xpu-ha, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Daytona Beach, Florida
- The Ruins of Tulum, Q. Roo, Mexico
2015 #BeachThursday Posts
- the Black Sands of Santorini – Kamari Beach
- Xixim Hotel’s Pristine Virgin Yucatan Beaches of Mexico
- Spain’s Secret Beaches of L’Ametlla del Mar, Spain
- The Dreams Beaches of Riviera Maya and Tulum
- Knossos Beach Bungalows and Suites, Beach time in Crete
2013-14 Beach Thursday Posts
- Clearwater, Fl
- Four Seasons in Langkawi, Malaysia
- Orange Beach, Al
- Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
- Sentosa, Singapore
- Glimmerglass State Park, NY
- The Lake Region in the Pocono Mountains of PA
- Oak Street Beach, Chicago, IL
- Anne’s Beach in Islamorada the Upper Florida Keys
- San Francisco … Nayarit, Mexico?
- What’SUP Sayulita, Nayarit, Mexico
- Cancun, Q. Roo, Mexico
2012-13 Beach Thursday Posts
- Key Largo Hilton, Florida Keys (Dec 27th)
- Daaibooi Beach, Curacao (Jan 3)
- De Palm Island, Aruba (Jan 10)
- Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Jan 17)
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (Jan 24)
- Yelapa, Jalisco, Mexico (Jan 31)
- Spring Lake, NJ (Feb 7)
- Isle of Arran, Scotland (Feb 14)
- Las Bradas, Sinaloa (Mazatlan) (Feb 21)
- The Moorings, Islamorada, Florida Keys (Feb 28)
- Playa Camarones, Mazatlan (Mar 7)
- The Heart of Puerto Vallarta (Mar 14)
- Tulum at Equinox (Mar 21)
2010-11 Beach Thursday Posts
- Gili Islands, Lombok, Indonesia (Dec 23)
- Stone Island, Mazatlan, Mexico (Dec 30)
- Playa del Carmen, Mamitas Beach Club, Mexico (Jan 6)
- Banks of the Savannah River, Salkehatchie, SC (Jan 13)
- Surfs Up in Kata Beach, Phuket, Thailand (Jan 20)
- Cape of Good Hope, South Africa (Jan 27)
- Los Cabos, Mexico (Feb 3)
- North Nest Key, Florida Keys, Fl. (Feb 10)
- AlAqua, Mazatlan, Mexico (Feb 17 – Culture Through Cuisine)
- Guest Post – Top Beaches for Beach Thursday by Isabelle’s Travel Guide (Feb 24)
- Deer Island, Mazatlan, Mexico (Mar 3)
- Surfin´San Blas, Nayarit Mexico (Mar 10)
- Pizotita, Jalisco, Mexico (Mar 17 – Culture Through Cuisine)
stay adventurous, Craig
click here to view other special series