Just like you need to get out of on the Bay of Banderas, another must do, and one of the best things to do in Puerto Vallarta is a stroll through Viejo Vallarta. A walk through the pedestrian only Malecon and the zona romantica with a sunset and cerveza on the playa de los muertos […]
When flying out for a holiday escape in Tenerife most probably think to relax on holiday to the Canary Island and complete with swimming in the sea and lounging in the sun An outdoor explorer might be looking forward to a climb up Mount Teide, or the chance to explore Tenerife’s stunning scenery. What you […]
I wondered about Greek wine. I knew they made wine, I drank it by the carafe many evenings. Yet it never seemed to be too memorable until Santorini and my discovery of the Assyrtiko grape. The Greek Wine of Santorini Sure ten years passed since I sampled Greek wine in Greece, but on my recent […]
Mexcaltitán may no longer be an official Pueblo Magico, but there is plenty of magic left on this sleepy fishing island. The magic exists in the Mexican must order Zarandeado or spelled Sarandeado (naturally I prefer the “Z” spelling). This fish dish is available along the coast of Nayarit and also on menus in southern Sinaloa, […]
When I travel to Mexico breakfast often, if not always, translates to Chilaquiles Verde. Every trip and everywhere I dedicate one morning (if not more) to tasting my favorite Mexican Breakfast dish. What are Chilaquiles? Simply stated, the dish originates from a peasant’s meal (as many great dishes do) with “day old” tortilla chips baked, […]
When visiting Clearwater, Florida I made sure to sample the seaside city’s cuisine and experience local culture through cuisine. All noteworthy destinations have a special meal, a delicious dish, and in Clearwater, Florida it is all about the Grouper. Every restaurant has grouper on the menu… You’ll find grouper fingers before chicken fingers. The fish […]
On a recent trip to Puerto Vallarta and the Mexican state of Jalisco, I discovered a new spirit. Certainly most visitors selecting a holiday in Puerto Vallarta know its proximity to Tequila (the town) or they learn quickly. Tequila can be found most everywhere and in most varieties and price points, but on my last […]
There was not a better sight at the FMGM conference in Acapulco. Nope. When, I obtained behind-the-scene access at the conference and walked around to watch the chefs prepare dishes in typical organized kitchen chaos, I noticed so many “grandmas” (abuelas) working. The food was destined to be delicious and I can tell you it […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Ted, it was great to meet her and get her advice.....
- Traveling Ted: Loved hearing Fiona speak on the Podcast. I defini...
- craig zabransky: T'is a great place.... glad it brought back fond m...
- craig zabransky: a great vantage point... when its clear you can se...
- Maryann: Absolutely loved this podcast. I have been to Dub...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- The Delights of Dublin, Staying Adventurous Ep 22 March 31, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 6 – Mirador La Bufa March 30, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 5 – Hacienda Doña Engracia March 29, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017