Do you ever get asked, or do you ask the toughest question in travel? So, What is your favorite destination?” We all ask it…. and with a career in travel I get asked this travel question often. Very often. My answer often changes based on my audience, my mood and maybe my most recent adventure. […]
In today’s world we can see so much, do so much, enjoy so much, and learn so much. We have boundless opportunity to travel the world and sometimes, it is the trip itself that reminds us best that we are all on a life-long journey of discovery. Adventure away from our routine reminds us what’s […]
I completed a first official house sitting in London, well in Charlton, a neighborhood of greater London in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. London or not, center city was accessible. Yet, during my entire week there I only traveled to center city once. I decided to enjoy daily life in a “new” (for me) neighborhood. […]
I stepped on the ice and instantly felt the chill. No, it wasn’t the coldness of the arena or the ice itself, but the chill recalling a positive and patriotic childhood memory. As a hockey fan (now a huge New York Ranger fan) I watched the game in 1980, I believed in miracles. Yes, I […]
Sometimes we need to feel joy. We need to stop pedaling in circles, lift our feet and just feel alive, feel happy; sometimes we need to feel the joy of our journey. In the systematic city of Singapore one can take refuge in the city’s oasis, the Singapore Botanic Gardens. On the garden grounds, one […]
Carnaval. It’s probably on your bucket list, right? Let’s face it, Carnaval is a must attend party. When we hear the word “Carnaval,” most of us fantasize about samba dancing in Rio de Janeiro, Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday bead exchanges in New Orleans or masquerade parties in Venice, right? What about Mazatlan, Mexico? It […]
The vote came down to Oklahoma or Oklahoma State last year and the crashers decided to be Cowboys. Whether it was the earlier season game with a promise of warmer tailgating weather, the Big 12 Rivalry aspect or the cowboy boots, we packed our bags for Stillwater as Oklahoma State hosted Texas. Over a dozen […]
Just before flying to El Paso, Texas I was told – we’d spend a night in Juarez too. Where? ….. Donde? Ciudad Juarez. Yes, that Juarez; the Juarez from the news. I joked about the fact it was clearly staying adventurous with the trip organizers, but admittedly, I wondered if it was also staying safe. […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- William Kailiher: Don't know how I managed to see 3 episodes before ...
- William Kailiher: Great video and information Craig-- I hate to admi...
- craig zabransky: gracias y si, Mexico is a special destination. I a...
- Maryann: Really loving your journals about Mexico. I forgot...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Riviera Nayarit Episode 5: San Blas y Mexcaltitan March 16, 2017