Do you ever get asked, or do you ask the toughest question in travel?
So, What is your favorite destination?”
We all ask it…. and with a career in travel I get asked this travel question often. Very often. My answer often changes based on my audience, my mood and maybe my most recent adventure. Yes, the answer does change often and I wanted to explore why and also document some favorite destinations for you.
Sure, my answers in the podcast provide plenty of the places that seem to always be top of my mind, but when asked the question,I often find myself not just thinking of palm trees beaches or creative cuisine but also my mindset at the time. So listen in and hear my thoughts on that in the Staying Adventurous Mindset moment this month too.
the New York Times Travel Show
Earlier this year I returned to New York to speak on the Solo Travel Panel at the New York Times Travel Show and provide not just my reasons on why I love Solo travel, but also my favorite places for solo travel in 2017. It made me think of my favorite destinations in a new way and also became the genesis for this episode. And since at the travel show among colleagues, friends, in the travel space, I thought to interview or rather ask a few of my friends the question too. So listen in to their thoughts, you’ll see how they vary and some of the reasons for them.
So do you have a favorite trip, a favorite destination? Can you choose? Is it a place you shared? A place you visit alone? Is it even a place or maybe it’s a state of mind and mindset you held when traveling somewhere? Share with me your thoughts on the matter…. Let me know how do you answer the travel question, “What is your Favorite Destination?”
Stay Picking Favorites, Craig
Staying Adventurous Podcast Show Notes
Stay Adventurous Story Links
- Mexico. I love it all. Check out all my Mexico Travel Stories.
- Churchill, Manitoba to see the Northern Lights
- The Splendor of Sanotirni, Greece
- Transformative Solo Travel Adventure to Costa Rica
- Barcelona to L’Amettla del Mar, the Catalonia Coast of Spain.
- Stay AdvenTours to Mexico City
- Home: The Upper Florida Keys and Manhattan
- the Art of Solo Travel (Podcast)
Guest Interviewee Links
- Doug Parker of Cruise Radio
- Charles McCool of McCool Travel
- Harvey Silikovitz (H-Bomb) of H-Bomb’s Worldwide Karoke
- Kelly Lewis of Go Girl Guides and Women’s Travel Fest
- Luke Lappala of ScotteVest
Other Related Links
- NY Times Travel Show Panel on Solo Travel
- See all Staying Adventurous Podcasts
- Solo Travel Favorite for 2017 (Facebook post with photos)