For many Mexico is country consisting on three main beach destinations; Los Cabos, the Riviera Maya and Cancun, and Puerto Vallarta. Yet, the country consists of so much more including many relatively “unknown” beach destinations too. Some even access the same airports as those “big 3.” If you follow along, you know I’ve make mention […]
Many people ask me, so how is Mexico City? Is the city safe? Is the city fun? And is Mexico City really one of the best cities in the world? Yes, yes, and YES. There was a time when I essentially called Mexico City home for 16 months and it didn’t take long after my […]
Playa. The word translates to “beach” in Spanish, but let’s also remind ourselves, “playa” contains the English word “play.” “Play” and “Beach” is a great way to start to understand Playa del Carmen one of Mexico’s most popular beach towns in the center, or rather the heart, of the famed Riviera Maya. Playa del Carmen, the […]
Do tourists who visit Cancun and the Riviera Maya ever really experience the true essence of the culture of Mexico? My answer was always yes, and after month long adventure across the Riviera Maya and Yucatan I can assure you, yes, you can find it and enjoy it. But what about the traveler who only […]
You don’t just pick a destination like Mexico by chance. You choose it for one of many reasons and certainly because you want to grab some sunshine, which you can certainly do on the fabulous beaches on the Pacific coast. Here are some of the best ones to get away from it all on when […]
The long road trip across the state of Chihuahua reached its final stage as we traveled north back towards the border and a final stop in Casas Grandes. Here we would enjoy the chance to see and learn about Mata Ortiz pottery, visit, dine (privately) and take in a sunset at Hacienda San Diego , […]
We boarded the bus and left Palenque well before sunrise. We needed to travel far, not in distance per se, but the roads would take us through the jungles of inner Chiapas. Our destination: the Mayan Ruins of Bonampak, one of the must see, best Mayan sites in Chiapas. What’s the Buzz Inside Bonampak? The […]
I walked outside the hotel to catch the fiery, red-hot, sunset over Villahermosa in the state of Tabasco, Mexico. My Mexican adventure began here and then I bused into Chiapas and attend the ATMEX (Adventure Travel MEXico) conference in Palenque. After my trip, I took an extra day to discover more of Chiapas visiting the […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Nice, definitely worth a try.... StayBananaRepubli...
- craig zabransky: Yes, such a great place... definitely a great plac...
- craig zabransky: and you can add more conch to the blood, plenty of...
- craig zabransky: Not many beaches, but there are a few, just need t...
- craig zabransky: Great destination... very colorful and plenty of b...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- 5 Tips for Planning an Adventurous Europe Vacation February 16, 2017
- A Tale of Two Beaches in Hunting State Park, South Carolina February 9, 2017
- Useful Tips for Your First Travel Photography Trip February 3, 2017
- Sunset Sunday 2016 Recap Video; 2017 Outlook January 29, 2017
- Strolling the Sands of South Padre Island January 26, 2017