Although Beaufort, South Carolina is technically on the water, to get to an Atlantic Coast beach one must still navigate to the ocean and for such beach-goers the best place to put your toes in the sand is Hunting Island State Park. Just sixteen miles from historic downtown, the 5,000 acre State Park provides a […]
When I say or type “Texas,” do you think “beach holiday?” Well, after visiting South Padre Island, Texas I learned response is feasible. The island located just north of Mexico, a place I once considered for spring break, changed my views on Texas. I discovered not a spring break party, but a beach paradise on […]
When traveling to Belize for the first time, I headed to Placencia and checked in to the Laru Beya Hotel. On assignment to explore the new cruise island destination of Harvest Caye, we spent two evenings on the mainland. My first evening, I enjoyed some time on the sands of the beach. A walk on […]
For many Mexico is country consisting on three main beach destinations; Los Cabos, the Riviera Maya and Cancun, and Puerto Vallarta. Yet, the country consists of so much more including many relatively “unknown” beach destinations too. Some even access the same airports as those “big 3.” If you follow along, you know I’ve make mention […]
You don’t just pick a destination like Mexico by chance. You choose it for one of many reasons and certainly because you want to grab some sunshine, which you can certainly do on the fabulous beaches on the Pacific coast. Here are some of the best ones to get away from it all on when […]
I decided to return to the Mayan Ruins of Tulum during a recent trip to the Riviera Maya. Spending time in both Soliman Bay at Casa Corazon and also at Dreams Tulum, the Mayan Ruins of Tulum were so close. And this visit became my first to walk the site as a adventure travel photographer. […]
Daytona Beach appeared on the map and then it became time to hit the gas and make way to Daytona by sunset. I wanted to explore the famous Florida beach destination. A planned pit stop in Daytona wasn’t scripted in the initial plans, but it worked out perfectly. After an afternoon at Ponte Vedra beach, […]
In recent years, Fort Lauderdale was essentially FLL, an airport en route to Miami and the Florida Keys until I decided to visit the beach and spend a few nights. I realized I didn’t choose the best time to visit Fort Lauderdale Beach, but I left admiring the beauty of the sea, sand and surf. […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Nice, definitely worth a try.... StayBananaRepubli...
- craig zabransky: Yes, such a great place... definitely a great plac...
- craig zabransky: and you can add more conch to the blood, plenty of...
- craig zabransky: Not many beaches, but there are a few, just need t...
- craig zabransky: Great destination... very colorful and plenty of b...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- 5 Tips for Planning an Adventurous Europe Vacation February 16, 2017
- A Tale of Two Beaches in Hunting State Park, South Carolina February 9, 2017
- Useful Tips for Your First Travel Photography Trip February 3, 2017
- Sunset Sunday 2016 Recap Video; 2017 Outlook January 29, 2017
- Strolling the Sands of South Padre Island January 26, 2017