No trip to Puerto Vallarta is complete without getting out on the Bay of Banderas. The Bay, home to Humpback Whales in the winter is also a great excursion in summer to snorkel Los Arcos and other places along the pristine coastline only accessible by boat, such as Majahuitas and the beach town of Yelapa. […]
I learned about the surfing in San Blas years ago and took a roadtrip from the sun and fun of Mazatlan in the state of Sinaloa to the explore this Rivera Nayarit destination. This beach town nearly equidistant from Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, was one of the destinations I most excited to return to see […]
On my recent Staying Adventurous podcast I attempted to discover an answer to the top travel question, “What is your favorite travel destination?” In my many responses and destinations, I personally mentioned surfing in Sayulita. I loved it there and in the Riviera Nayairt. And now in the 4th episode of the Mexico Travel Journal […]
Episode 2 of my Mexico Travel Journal takes us just outside of Puerto Vallarta and into the Mexican state of Nayarit to some of the first stops along the Riviera Nayarit Pacific coast. Watch and learn about the beach towns of Nuevo Vallarta and Bucerias. Explore the markets including fish market in La Cruz de […]
Although Beaufort, South Carolina is technically on the water, to get to an Atlantic Coast beach one must still navigate to the ocean and for such beach-goers the best place to put your toes in the sand is Hunting Island State Park. Just sixteen miles from historic downtown, the 5,000 acre State Park provides a […]
When I say or type “Texas,” do you think “beach holiday?” Well, after visiting South Padre Island, Texas I learned response is feasible. The island located just north of Mexico, a place I once considered for spring break, changed my views on Texas. I discovered not a spring break party, but a beach paradise on […]
When traveling to Belize for the first time, I headed to Placencia and checked in to the Laru Beya Hotel. On assignment to explore the new cruise island destination of Harvest Caye, we spent two evenings on the mainland. My first evening, I enjoyed some time on the sands of the beach. A walk on […]
For many Mexico is country consisting on three main beach destinations; Los Cabos, the Riviera Maya and Cancun, and Puerto Vallarta. Yet, the country consists of so much more including many relatively “unknown” beach destinations too. Some even access the same airports as those “big 3.” If you follow along, you know I’ve make mention […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Ted, it was great to meet her and get her advice.....
- Traveling Ted: Loved hearing Fiona speak on the Podcast. I defini...
- craig zabransky: T'is a great place.... glad it brought back fond m...
- craig zabransky: a great vantage point... when its clear you can se...
- Maryann: Absolutely loved this podcast. I have been to Dub...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Preparing for Santiago de Cuba and Toasting the Joy of Discovery at Sunset April 30, 2017
- The Delights of Dublin, Staying Adventurous Ep 22 March 31, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 6 – Mirador La Bufa March 30, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 5 – Hacienda Doña Engracia March 29, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017