On the remote Osa Peninsula, a place National Geographic labeled, “the most biologically intense place on earth” travelers find Costa Rica’s real riches – its wildlife. As the last place settled in the country, it can be argued it is the ‘pure” in the country’s mantra and way of life, “Pura Vida.” When I arrived [...]
It was a Monday in early April. We were in Carmel, California after a drive up the Pacific Coast Highway with a memorable night in Big Sur. We didn’t get a sunset in that legendary stretch of the coast; it was a dark and stormy night. When we arrived in the artsy coastal town to [...]
Amsterdam is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe famed, amongst other things, for its waterways and tulips. It’s one of the top destinations for last minute city breaks. Whether you are looking for a lively nightlife, or a quiet relaxing break full of culture you will find something here to suit your tastes. [...]
I stood there waiting, knowing I needed to cross the impressive bridge in Boca del Rio, el Puente de Amistad (Friendship Bridge) to get to the beach, but ironically I was still waiting for a friend. We planned to venture to the beach together to watch the sunset. Sure, the sun always sets in the [...]
The vote came down to Oklahoma or Oklahoma State last year and the crashers decided to be Cowboys. Whether it was the earlier season game with a promise of warmer tailgating weather, the Big 12 Rivalry aspect or the cowboy boots, we packed our bags for Stillwater as Oklahoma State hosted Texas. Over a dozen [...]
The illumination of the Niagara Falls at night creates a unique view of the natural wonder. I don’t know of any other falls with such easy access to such a beautiful nighttime show, and it’s free. So, after the Niagara Falls sunset, walk down to river’s edge and view the waterfall after (daylight) hours. I [...]
This is the first. Sure I have posted recap Sunset Sunday posts, but not like this. This one is video. So just hit play and enjoy. Yes, welcome to the Stay Adventurous Sunset Sunday series on video. The first recap features sunsets posted during May-August, 2013. Enjoy. Sunset Sunday May-August 2013 See a sunset you [...]
Suddenly soaked, I stared out to see a rainbow arc across the mist of the thunderous falls. I captured the moment with multiple senses; sight, sound, feeling, smell, and perhaps even a taste of the water. I was standing right next to the Niagara Falls and I felt alive. It was awesome. This moment is [...]
Welcome to “Stay Adventurous.” And since I introduce myself in every personal journal I write in, let me also introduce myself here.
Stay Adventurous Newsletter
- craig zabransky: Mary Anne, thanks... I hope people like the calend...
- Mary Anne Been: The Florida Keys! Looks like a great calendar! #st...
- craig zabransky: Leah, nice guess. I am considering this entry as S...
- Leah Travels: How about Singapore?...
- craig zabransky: Priya, I didn't use a company, but a single captai...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- Wide Awake Thanks to the Northern Lights May 21, 2013
- Postcard-Colorful Costa Rica’s Scarlet Macaw December 5, 2013
- The Sunset Sunday 2014 Calendar – Chasing the Sunset December 1, 2013
- Sunset Sunday – Carmel, California November 24, 2013
- Amsterdam – A City of Exploration November 18, 2013
- Sunset Sunday-The Friendship Bridge in Boca del Rio, Veracruz at Sunset November 17, 2013