Twenty years have passed since my last visit Disney World. Much has changed in my life and also much has changed at Disney World. But one thing that hasn’t changed is the opportunity to watch a sunset. As I often mention, the sunset occurs daily, everywhere and is available to everyone. It’s one of the [...]
Churchill, Manitoba is north. Far north. It is on the edge of the Arctic Circle ...
I crossed the river and didn’t head to the airport. Yes, this spring I made ...
Dear Spring, welcome. After the past few days in New York City, it might finally ...
I met Paul through an interview regarding my career change and we discussed the power of a sunset and the Sunset Sunday Series. He agreed to share one from his collection from Andalucia, Spain and the Sierra Cabrera mountains; I am glad he did. Outside my front door in the south of Spain sunsets like [...]
We drove up the dust road towards the desolate Hacienda San Diego just outside of Casa Grandes, Chihuhuahua for the trip’s final dinner. Then out the window, I noticed another car and someone standing outside on the barren path; it was not deserted. The enormous structure, occupied and operated as a working farm by a [...]
In this guest post, the author reminds us why being open, saying yes, and stopping to take a photo of a sunset is a great idea, especially in Uzbekistan. Yes, she was staying adventurous or in her words; “let the course of the events lead you in life.” Uzbekistan Hospitality “Please come to my home” [...]
Hong Kong is a must see city and one must do when visiting is to take Victoria Peak Tram to take in the view of the skyline and harbor from above. It’s one of the best skyline viewpoints in the world. But what I appreciated most about the vibrant city was its contrasts. The tall [...]
What are you doing next weekend? If you don’t have plans you do now. If you do have plans, it may be time to cancel them. The New York Travel Festival, a consumer focused travel show, will be held in New York City on April 20-21st. And yes, tickets are still available. But, why come? [...]
When I knew Sherry embarked on the Mongol Rally adventure, I suspected as a photographer she would capture a few wonderful sunset images. She did. She also agreed to share one of my favorites from her Euro-Asia adventure here: Astana, Kazakhstan While driving from London to Mongolia for the Mongol Rally, Kazakhstan was on our [...]
On a trip from Denver to Keystone, Colorado, a beer crawl actually, we made a stop at the famous Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Closed for a concert, we still had (special) access to see the theater but could not run down the steps or listen to any of the acoustics. I guess I’ll just need to [...]
Welcome to “Stay Adventurous.” And since I introduce myself in every personal journal I write in, let me also introduce myself here.
- Charu Suri: Love the black on white. we are but a speck on the...
- Maria: Life imitates art? "All I could think of was Han...
- Paul: Thanks very much Mary. The sunsets are so spectac...
- craig zabransky: Mary, I agree, the sunset is always a welcome "dis...
- craig zabransky: Thanks Anita, and yes, this sky is on fire.... sta...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- Writing About the True Danger of ‘Mexico Today’ June 30, 2011
- Sunset Sunday-Magic Kingdom, Disney World May 19, 2013
- Postcard-Exploring Planet Hoth from Churchill, Manitoba May 16, 2013
- Sunset Sunday-Spain’s Sierra Cabrera Sunset Sky May 12, 2013
- the Five-Photos from the Brooklyn Botanic Garden with Cherry Blossom in Peak Bloom May 9, 2013
- Sunset Sunday-A Visit to Hacienda San Diego at Sunset May 5, 2013