Playa. The word translates to “beach” in Spanish, but let’s also remind ourselves, “playa” contains the English word “play.” “Play” and “Beach” is a great way to start to understand Playa del Carmen one of Mexico’s most popular beach towns in the center, or rather the heart, of the famed Riviera Maya. Playa del Carmen, the […]
Do tourists who visit Cancun and the Riviera Maya ever really experience the true essence of the culture of Mexico? My answer was always yes, and after month long adventure across the Riviera Maya and Yucatan I can assure you, yes, you can find it and enjoy it. But what about the traveler who only […]
Traveling overseas soon? International travel remains one of the best ways to educate oneself. The ability to explore, to expand and to learn through experiences remains the main reason I continue to “collect” passport stamps. With each trip comes amazing opportunity to become a better me, but like all adventure, risks are involved. On my […]
In the constant search to make life easier and more enjoyable I recently received the BottleKeeper and tested it. Yes, I often use a Villanova University koozie (see my facebook profile photo) to keep my beer bottles cool, but with 90 degree (f) days and an even a hotter summer season in the Florida Keys, […]
Can you fathom a different type of sunset at sea? Well, can you? Where do your thoughts take you? Maybe to new, gigantic cruise ship sunset? How about to a sailboat sunset from the Greek Islands? Maybe it drifted to a special formula or method developed to witness the allusive green flash sunset at sea? […]
Stay AdvenTOURs to Mexico City
Welcome to “Stay Adventurous.” And since I introduce myself in every personal journal I write in, let me also introduce myself here.
- Bonnie Jordan: Practical piece - thanks....
- craig zabransky: Thanks....It really was a great spot, glad you lov...
- craig zabransky: you must and I'd be happy to show you around.... s...
- Maryann: Your pictures of the park are beautiful. I loved ...
- The World Wanderer: I really must make my way back to Mexico. I know, ...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Episode 16: Solo Travel Tips, Advice and Inspiration July 29, 2016
- Episode 15: Playing in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico June 30, 2016
- X Marks the Spot; eXploring Xcaret in MeXico’s Riviera Maya June 23, 2016
- Safeguard Your Next International Adventure June 1, 2016
- Fathom, a New Way to Social Impact Travel – Episode 14 May 27, 2016