This week, I am excited fellow #Africhat Organizer, Ethan Gelber, will share his magical Maasai memory and his Simba Camp sunset in Southern Kenya. In Ethan’s words: Impossible to make out in the penumbral shadows are animals, the kind of wildlife one expects to see on a sunset savanna in southern Kenya, especially Maasai giraffe [...]
During this past summer before boarding the ms Westerdam for a cruise to Alaska on Holland America, I spent time in Seattle. It was my first visit to America’s Emerald City in years and the first since the Seahawk’s Super Bowl Championship. Of course, I purchased a few Super Bowl Champion souvenirs as a life [...]
After driving the ten-kilometer coastal road from Celestún, Yucatán further out of town (into the wild), I arrived to the eco-friendly Hotel Xixim. It took nearly 30 minutes to travel those last few kilometers from town, but the Hotel offering a “Unique Mayan Experience” offered me a chance to relive a childhood memory and experience a [...]
Happy New Year Sunset fans and welcome to another year of Sunset Sunday memories and magic to appreciate. Sunset Sunday 2014 Recap What a magical and memorable year for sunsets 2014 turned out to become. With forty-eight sunset posts across 5 continents (including ten sunset guest posts), the year reached the milestone of 200 Sunset [...]
“I am taking a beach day,” are not often words spoken by many visitors to Santorini. The island is about the truly breath-taking views (from its beauty and the steep climbs), staying luxurious, and those special Santorini sunsets. Then, what about Santorini’s beaches? Well, the island’s beaches are not known to be the most idyllic [...]
Walking down to the inner harbor I noticed the beautiful sunset sky over L’Ametlla del Mar as boats prepared for fishing expeditions. My travels once again took me to Spain and this charming seaside fishing town on the Catalonian coast of Costa Dorada. I have enjoyed many L’Ametlla sunsets through the years. I visit the [...]
Welcome to “Stay Adventurous.” And since I introduce myself in every personal journal I write in, let me also introduce myself here.
- craig zabransky: Sure thing, happy to help... Enjoy the NYT Travel ...
- craig zabransky: Joan, glad it inspired, hope you enjoy the Boston ...
- Joan: This travel show post was so helpful! I've always ...
- In The Loop Travel: Thanks for this, Craig. This will; help me greatly...
- craig zabransky: giddy up, definitely make that happen, I can offer...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- Wide Awake Thanks to the Northern Lights May 21, 2013
- Sunset Sunday, An Unforgettable Maasai Sunset in Kenya January 25, 2015
- Spain’s Secret Beaches in L’Ametlla del Mar January 22, 2015
- Should You Attend Travel Shows for Travel Inspiration and Information? January 21, 2015
- Sunset Sunday, Seattle’s Space Needle at Sunset January 18, 2015
- The Virgin Beaches of the Yucatan at Hotel Xixim January 15, 2015