Aguascalientes is not on the short list for lots of travelers as places to visit in Mexico. These days it’s more of a transport hub and industrial base than a tourist city. There’s one major reason to visit though: the Museum of the Dead (Museo de los Muertos). No, it’s not about narco battles or [...]
Just before you arrive to Celestun, Yucatan there is a turn off for the Ria Celestun, a protected nature reserve. Inside the park visitors can rent a boat (includes the boat captain) for 1,200 pesos. The cost is often (and best) shared with other visitors. Once you pile in, the navigates the waterways to discover [...]
Selected as a Mexico Ambassador in blogger program run in conjunction with Visit Mexico a few years back, I traveled to Oaxaca City for the first time. Before that, I traveled to the state of Oaxaca for a birthday weekend surf excursion in Puerto Escondido, but this was my first time to the colonial city, [...]
My first full day in Puebla I attended the 2nd annual FMGM (Foro Mundial Gastronomia Mexicana), a conference aimed to preserve Mexico’s Culinary Traditions. When the day was coming to a close and I decided to head outside during the golden hour. I thought I’d watch the sunset from outside the halls of the presentations [...]
Driving Spain is a great way to explore the country. The open road offers a freedom from schedule and the chance to visit lesser-known Spain. After time exploring Barcelona, a city I definitely would recommend you not drive as a visitor (not sure I’d recommend driving any city actually), you can rent a car and [...]
Welcome to “Stay Adventurous.” And since I introduce myself in every personal journal I write in, let me also introduce myself here.
- Bill Kaliher: I wasn't planning on visiting the Yucatan this tri...
- Bill Kaliher: Thanks for posting this--sparks nice memories of t...
- craig zabransky: Gracias, Bill. I really enjoyed both recent visits...
- Bill: wonderful photo Craig----Puebla is probably my fav...
- TripsByLance: That's a great looking pool. I like the idea of a ...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- Wide Awake Thanks to the Northern Lights May 21, 2013
- An Angel Inside the Museum of the Dead in Aquascalientes, Mexico March 5, 2015
- The Pink Flamingo Stands in the Ria Celestun, Yucatan, Mexico March 4, 2015
- Celebrating Our Arrival to San Martin Talcajete, Oaxaca in Full Headdress March 3, 2015
- Let’s Go for a Ride in Baja California Sur March 2, 2015
- The Sunset View of Popocatépetl in Puebla, Mexico March 1, 2015