I am willing to bet when you hear the word “Santorini” no words come to mind but rather an image of the Greek island simple appears. Probably one you might consider one of the best views of Santorini. But is there really such a place? Is there a location on the award winning island destination [...]
A Milestone Sunset this week from Playa de los Muertos in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The 250th Sunset Sunday Two hundred and fifty sunsets. 250 Sundays with a Sunset. Yes, today, this week is a milestone week as #SunsetSunday and the Sunset Sunday Series reaches its 250th post. What started over five years ago continues to [...]
A few weeks ago, an upper Florida Keys sunset reminded me that yes, sometimes Mom (still) knows best. Thanks Mom. We were driving back from brunch at the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden in the late afternoon when my mom mentioned, “why don’t we stop to watch the sunset.” Yes. Perfect. The sun was just about [...]
For Cinco de Mayo, I decided to release the podcast about the place where the holiday originates, Puebla. This episode we explore the colonial city and truly get a taste of its colonial charm, sample its culture through cuisine and locate the best place to stay in Puebla. The adventure includes highlights from my two [...]
Puebla was always on my list as a place to visit in Mexico, but the charming colonial city always seemed to elude me until recently. And already since my first visit, I’ve returned. On my stays, I spent nights in multiple hotels across the center city and the outskirts, but on my next visit, I’ll [...]
Once again it’s recap time and a chance to revisit and reflect on the sunsets from last few months of the Sunset Sunday Series. The 13 sunsets from January to April of this year travel across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas. The many new destination expand the the Sunset Sunday Map and its thanks [...]
The more I discover through travel in Mexico, the more comfortable I am recommending the road trip and exploring Mexico on your own. One perfect place to rent a car in Mexico and drive the coast is through Riviera Nayarit. Like exploring the Mayan Ruins of the Yucatan, directions are simple and one main coastal [...]
Stay AdvenTOURs to Mexico City
Welcome to “Stay Adventurous.” And since I introduce myself in every personal journal I write in, let me also introduce myself here.
- Robert Ronning: Nice post. perpetuating the image of sunset on the...
- craig zabransky: Mary, those T-shirts are for sale ;-) Well, not ye...
- craig zabransky: Bill, I love that you are still in Mexico, stay en...
- Bill Kaliher: Almost wish I had not seen this edition. I'm in Gu...
- Mary J. McCoy-Dressel: Love the picture with the #Sunset Sunday shirt "mo...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Tasting the Difference, Enjoying a Greek Wine Tasting at Estate Argyros in Santorini May 27, 2015
- Where are the Best Views of Santorini? May 21, 2015
- The 250th Sunset Sunday, a Return to Playa de los Muertos, Puerto Vallarta May 17, 2015
- Mom Says Let’s Stop and Watch the Florida Keys Sunset May 10, 2015
- Episode 03: A Taste of Puebla May 5, 2015