Stay Adventurous (2010-Present)
Owner and creator of the travel website Stay Adventurous (http://www.stayadventurous.com/) a mind set for travel, a mindset for life. The site provides inspiration and travel ideas not only for specific destinations, but also encourages others to take and make adventure in their lives.
- Posted over 375 stories in three years on my adventures from the US and across the globe
- Created the weekly Sunset Sunday post (now over 125+), capturing the meaning and metaphor found in each sunset´s special moment.
- Created other timely and relevant special themes such as ¨Culture through Cuisine,¨ a winter ¨Beach Thursday¨to keep us warm through the season, and also destinations specific themes such as ¨Mexican Bicentennial Tribute¨ and “All Africa All August”
- Provides an expertise on Mexico, Southern Africa, and the United States
- Created Unique Stay Adventurous mindset tips to travelers to teach them how to incorporate adventure into their travel and daily living.
Freelance Writer – Photographer (2005-Present)
After nearly a year traveling, I realized I needed to share my stories and adventures with the world to encourage others to do the same. I started to realize travel was not just enjoyment, but a great educator. The RTW (´round the world) can me be more valuable than an MBA (and cheaper too).
- Content Contributor and an Ambassador for Mexico Today, (www.MexicoToday.org) an organization designed to promote the stories about Mexico to the public through multiple social media channels (2011-2012)
- Content Contributor for AllAboutMexico websites (www.allaboutmexico.com) and specifically working for the expansion of its AllAboutPuertoVallarta and AllAboutMazatlan web site (2011-2013)
- Travel Writer for Suite101.com with a focus on Mexico, Europe, and America (2010-Present)
- Contributor and ¨South of the Border” expert for the News & Views at Cheapflights.com (2009-2011).
- Travel Blogger for Gaincontact, a multicultural learning center in New Jersey (2009).
- Senior Travel Writer for Real Hoboken Online an e-Magazine (2005-2009).
- Award winning photographer as part of the MexMonday, TogChat, and Florida Keys contest.
- Contributor to the Shanghai Metro Newspaper and Caribbean Travel & Life Magazine Travel Blog
- Licensed Photos to SF Gate, Luxaviation and Mexi-Go.
- Social Media savvy with 6,500+ followers on twitter at t:@stayadventurous.
Travel Sabbatical (2004-2005)
In November of 2004, I took nearly a year off from management consulting position to travel the world and see it from a backpack rather than a luxury or business perspective. My eyes opened up. The original plan of 3 months, quickly blossomed into nearly a year of seeing the world.
- Visited 15 countires in Central & South America and across Eastern & Western Europe
- Called Buenos Aires home for two months, deciding to explore living abroad as part of my travels
- Learned to be conversational in Spanish enabling me to secure a long-term position in Mexico City upon my return to management consulting
Global Management Consultant (1998-2009)
For over ten years, I worked to improve the business processes of the top tier investment banks on Wall Street and across the globe.
- Employed at Arthur Andersen, KPMG Consulting, and BearingPoint all working with the same team of Financial Service Consultants.
- Worked with the following investment banks: Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, Merrill Lynch, UBS, and others.
- Worked and lived in Asia, Europe, Latin America and across the United States.
- Instructed both experienced and new hire consultants on business processes techniques and basic consulting principles.
In the Press
I have appeared on Television, Radio and in numerous publications both in print and on the web. Highlights include:
- TV News – appeared on Fox and Friends to discuss successful people changing careers in difficult economic times.
- Satellite Radio – appeared on Sirius Radio four times to discuss travel sabbaticals and following your career dreams on the Martha Stewart Channel
- Cruise Radio – Co-Host and Contributor for multiple episodes of Cruise Radio focusing on Caribbean, Mexico, and Central America
- Interviewed on AOL Jobs and various travel sites about being a travel blogger – writer
- Interviewed for Work Style Magazine regarding my successful career change
- Interviewed and appear in award winning book titled “How to Ditch the Corporate Work and Rock Your Own”
- Graduate of Villanova University with a BSBA; major in Finance; minor in Political Science (1995)
- Attended two Gotham Writing (NYC) classes Memoir Writing (2000) and Travel Writing (2004)
- RTW (‘Round the World), learned from travels across the globe (2004-5)