As a New Yorker, I am not supposed to be a fan of New Jersey. But truth be told, I learned to surf at the Jersey Shore and I am a fan. My first time paddling past the break was in Spring Lake, a beach where I spent seven straight summers. I had some good […]
Three years ago on January 5th I was handed an opportunity. Yes, three years ago, I rose up from my cubicle and walked out of a consulting office into the unknown. My corporate life ended and I haven’t looked back. Each year I write a post to mark the occasion. (Read my January Anniversary and the […]
I met Adam in Mazatlán. We enjoyed the sun, surf, and seafood in the golden zone, talked about the future of tourism in Mexico, and shared a common appreciation for sunsets. And recently Adam had a memorable sunset moment in Rio Nexpa, Michoacan, Mexico and decided to share it here. I am glad he did. Adam tells […]
Mazatlán can romance you with its Old Town and excite you with its excursions of adventure, but for many it’s simply the surf, sun, and seafood. And Mazatlán’s Golden Zone offers all three. Surf Class in the Golden Zone I always wanted to surf Mazatlán. I road tripped once form Mazatlan to San Blas to surf the waves of Nayarit, […]
After two full days in San Blas, I booked the third night. The town still intrigued. And to celebrate I returned to the beach with my pen, journal and some pesos for a cerveza to watch the sunset. I arrived and selected one of the popular talapas and ordered a Pacifico. My mission to watch the […]
On every trip I always search for a surf destination. And when I received the call to come to Mexico, I spent my first long weekend escape finding surf. I discovered Puerto Escondido in Oaxaca. But, after many more months in Mexico, the only place I paddled out past the break to surf the swells […]
On any journey, I always search for a place to surf. As I mentioned in last week’s Beach Thursday post, when I hear “beach,” I think ‘surf’ or ‘ocean.’ And when traveling to Asia, I knew about the beaches, but I didn’t know about the surf outside of Indonesia. I researched and discovered a beach […]
Often I review some of my old photos and journals when reminded of an adventure. And this Thanksgiving weekend, thankful for all my travels, I decided to look back to the adventure that changed the course of my future. An adventure where I actually spent a Thanksgiving searching for a slice of Turkey to go with my beans and rice. This weekend I looked back to the first leg of my travel sabbatical ….
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'll just say: jealous in South Carolina--bill...
- Doug Guller: Thanks Craig, very helpful! I'll be in PV in 3 wee...
- craig zabransky: Hopefully someday you will see where I left my hea...
- craig zabransky: I never mentioned ho much I loved your tag - "que ...
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- Wide Awake Thanks to the Northern Lights May 21, 2013
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017