This sunset photo was taken during my visit to the Petra archaeological site , from behind my hotel in the nearby town of Wadi Musa, Jordan. I had just checked in to the hotel maybe an hour or two earlier. Stepping outside onto the terrace, I felt that the rock formations that were visible from […]
The sunsets that glow over different rivers around the world must all be special, but I’m partial to the ones that light up my home here in southwestern Alaska. My family and I fly fish the Kvichak River every chance we get. It runs behind our lodge, and we’ve spent many wonderful years on its […]
No doubt the Sunset Sunday series visited plenty of amazing places in 2016. From the mountains of North Korea to the waterways inside Tuscany, the plains of Montana to the lowlands of South Carolina the series again demonstrated how a universally shared event is different across the world. Each day the sunset is something we […]
My trip to Livorno, Italy, a spur of the moment decision, became a reality since my boss was insisting I took some holidays. Livorno, located in Tuscany, had always been somewhere that interested me. And the weather in Livorno in October is perfectly warm too (not unlike Sitges, Spain). Then when I saw an offer […]
Viking Ships are back in America. Yes, Viking Cruises have positioned one of their ocean liners in the Americas. The relatively new Viking Star (christened in 2015) is taking up residency in the Caribbean. The cruise company that transformed the river cruise industry is now venturing into the ocean liner market with a release of […]
When we travel, we can’t help but take snapshots of the places and the very things that interest us about the destination. Every now and then, we take pictures of these fascinating scenic locations at sunset. Pictures are great way to remember all the special moments and in a destination as stunning as Palawan, a […]
I excused myself from a delightful dinner at the Saltus River Grill on the waterfront for a moment to walk to the water’s edge and catch a glimpse of the sunset in Beaufort, South Carolina. A glimpse is exactly what I did see. And a glimpse is what one discovers on a first visit with […]
The best beach towns and destinations contain character, hold history, offer good dining options, and also provide visitors the opportunity to appreciate a splendid sunset. You’ll find all of this on visit to South Padre Island, Texas. At Pier 19, the character and charm is unmistakable from the restaurant design and décor to even its […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'll just say: jealous in South Carolina--bill...
- Doug Guller: Thanks Craig, very helpful! I'll be in PV in 3 wee...
- craig zabransky: Hopefully someday you will see where I left my hea...
- craig zabransky: I never mentioned ho much I loved your tag - "que ...
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- Wide Awake Thanks to the Northern Lights May 21, 2013
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017