Although Beaufort, South Carolina is technically on the water, to get to an Atlantic Coast beach one must still navigate to the ocean and for such beach-goers the best place to put your toes in the sand is Hunting Island State Park. Just sixteen miles from historic downtown, the 5,000 acre State Park provides a […]
I excused myself from a delightful dinner at the Saltus River Grill on the waterfront for a moment to walk to the water’s edge and catch a glimpse of the sunset in Beaufort, South Carolina. A glimpse is exactly what I did see. And a glimpse is what one discovers on a first visit with […]
After five fun filled days loaded culinary delights, charming walks and a wild weekend of college football, my trip to South Carolina had just one more evening. Earlier in the week, I watched a warming sunset from the Charleston waterfront and this night, I decided to see if I could find a sunset in Columbia. […]
After a ninety-minute bus tour of Charleston (available at the Visitors Bureau), I asked the very knowledgeable driver for dining recommendations. He provided a few. I sampled them, but I never had the chance to visit one- Pearlz Oyster Bar. I thought next time. Then when talking with John over my crab cake at the […]
On King Street a gentleman stated, “pizza by the slice.” I stopped. He extended his hand to give me a pamphlet. Puzzled, I thought was “by the slice” really a novelty or a selling point? I guess with the American restaurant scene becoming a “chain nation,” it’s true. A single slice might actually be hard […]
If I played the word association game with “beach,” my first thoughts might be either “surf” or “ocean.” I’d rarely think “lake,” and might never think “river.” Yet during a visit to the Salkehatchie region of South Carolina I enjoyed some brief, but memorable beach moments along the Savannah River. Ninety minutes north of the city […]
After a taste of the savory barbeque and the classic of shrimp and grits one item still existed on my personal Charleston ‘must eat’ list: crab cakes. So where better to eat a low country pan seared cake of goodness then the Charleston Crab House. With the first steps inside the restaurant the mood was […]
The vibrant restaurant scene of downtown Charleston makes for a perfect place to take in an evening meal. And after watching the sunset down on the waterfront, I headed up to East Bay Street for dinner at Blossom. Just as my martini arrived, the chef came out to greet the table. With a keen interest […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'll just say: jealous in South Carolina--bill...
- Doug Guller: Thanks Craig, very helpful! I'll be in PV in 3 wee...
- craig zabransky: Hopefully someday you will see where I left my hea...
- craig zabransky: I never mentioned ho much I loved your tag - "que ...
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- Wide Awake Thanks to the Northern Lights May 21, 2013
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017