Adventure holiday makers love heading to South Africa for all the amazing wildlife spotting opportunities on the many different safari trips available. But, if you’re not looking to go on a safari holiday there’s a lot more to South Africa than just wonderful nature reserves and wildlife spotting. Here’s a few of the key reasons […]
I spent two evenings at the Sheraton Pretoria in South Africa. The first evening I walked the grounds of the Union Buildings, a place where people listened to Nelson Mandela’s inauguration speech in 1994. Walking about I took an image of my first sunset in Pretoria. Still today, it’s one of my favorites. And then […]
Obtaining a ticket for World Cup match of USA vs. England, was not just about patriotism or believing in the outcome, it was also about having something else I highly value – having fun. And what a great time it was, especially the tailgate. We arrived five hours early; when Americans head to a stadium […]
As I watch the CONCACAF Gold Cup, (soccer tournament) I recall the magic of last June. I recall the world coming together to watch soccer, recall witnessing South Africa continue to heal through sports, and I recall believing I’d see USA play a World Cup match. When my tour through Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia and […]
One of the oldest squares in Cape Town, Greenmarket Square can be found just a few blocks off Long Street in the center of the city. On one end of the street, I stayed at the Westin on the other end I found the perfect Royale with Cheese burger. And if you head to Cape Town […]
During the World Cup, I spent a few nights in Cape Town. The $15 USD dorm rate at local hostels suddenly changed and the rates skyrocketed to nearly $50 (even more at some places) so I decided to take action. I checked in to the Westin, an SPG property that provided a pay and points […]
After the Camps Bay cocktail and then watching the Atlantic Ocean sunset, I walked back down the oceanfront street to return to Blues for dinner. The place recommended by the hotel concierge, provided a clean, open air setting, a vibe for great seafood. The open kitchen provided full view to us watch the chef prepare […]
Dropped off at Victoria and Alfred’s Waterfront in Cape Town, we had 90 minutes for lunch. Our guide gave recommendations from the fast and cheap (this meal was not included as part of the tour) to the elegant and elaborate. We selected the latter, and I am glad we did. Four of us left the […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Ted, it was great to meet her and get her advice.....
- Traveling Ted: Loved hearing Fiona speak on the Podcast. I defini...
- craig zabransky: T'is a great place.... glad it brought back fond m...
- craig zabransky: a great vantage point... when its clear you can se...
- Maryann: Absolutely loved this podcast. I have been to Dub...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- The Delights of Dublin, Staying Adventurous Ep 22 March 31, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 6 – Mirador La Bufa March 30, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 5 – Hacienda Doña Engracia March 29, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017