On my recent Staying Adventurous podcast I attempted to discover an answer to the top travel question, “What is your favorite travel destination?” In my many responses and destinations, I personally mentioned surfing in Sayulita. I loved it there and in the Riviera Nayairt. And now in the 4th episode of the Mexico Travel Journal […]
Episode 2 of my Mexico Travel Journal takes us just outside of Puerto Vallarta and into the Mexican state of Nayarit to some of the first stops along the Riviera Nayarit Pacific coast. Watch and learn about the beach towns of Nuevo Vallarta and Bucerias. Explore the markets including fish market in La Cruz de […]
Do you know the Riviera Nayarit? Well, you will know the destination after watching this six episode bitacora – my travel journal – on the region. Actually you will know more about the entire state of Nayarit as we visit places not on the coast including the capital city of Tepic. You will see first […]
For many Mexico is country consisting on three main beach destinations; Los Cabos, the Riviera Maya and Cancun, and Puerto Vallarta. Yet, the country consists of so much more including many relatively “unknown” beach destinations too. Some even access the same airports as those “big 3.” If you follow along, you know I’ve make mention […]
The more I discover through travel in Mexico, the more comfortable I am recommending the road trip and exploring Mexico on your own. One perfect place to rent a car in Mexico and drive the coast is through Riviera Nayarit. Like exploring the Mayan Ruins of the Yucatan, directions are simple and one main coastal […]
Mexcaltitán may no longer be an official Pueblo Magico, but there is plenty of magic left on this sleepy fishing island. The magic exists in the Mexican must order Zarandeado or spelled Sarandeado (naturally I prefer the “Z” spelling). This fish dish is available along the coast of Nayarit and also on menus in southern Sinaloa, […]
The seaside town of Sayulita has been on my “must visit” list in Mexico for years. The surfer-yoga enclave intrigued me from the very first day I heard about it, a day well before I ever I fell in love with Mexico. An hour north of Puerto Vallarta along the pacific coast’s the small beach […]
San Francisco, Nayarit, Mexico. Yes San Francisco is a place worth visiting in Mexico too and the quaint beach village on Mexico’s Riviera Nayarit left an impression on me. A few miles up the coast from the popular hippie beach town of Sayulita, visitors find the town of San Francisco also known locally as San […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Ted, it was great to meet her and get her advice.....
- Traveling Ted: Loved hearing Fiona speak on the Podcast. I defini...
- craig zabransky: T'is a great place.... glad it brought back fond m...
- craig zabransky: a great vantage point... when its clear you can se...
- Maryann: Absolutely loved this podcast. I have been to Dub...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- The Delights of Dublin, Staying Adventurous Ep 22 March 31, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 6 – Mirador La Bufa March 30, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 5 – Hacienda Doña Engracia March 29, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017