Playa. The word translates to “beach” in Spanish, but let’s also remind ourselves, “playa” contains the English word “play.” “Play” and “Beach” is a great way to start to understand Playa del Carmen one of Mexico’s most popular beach towns in the center, or rather the heart, of the famed Riviera Maya. Playa del Carmen, the […]
Do tourists who visit Cancun and the Riviera Maya ever really experience the true essence of the culture of Mexico? My answer was always yes, and after month long adventure across the Riviera Maya and Yucatan I can assure you, yes, you can find it and enjoy it. But what about the traveler who only […]
I decided to remain poolside and order another cocktail, I wanted to wait till the sun set to capture the golden hour’s light and the views from the rooftop at the Palm at Playa. After an incredible social afternoon including a live #Mexchat and before a delicious dinner at Plank, I just wanted to relax […]
A trip to the Riviera Maya is not complete without a visit to Mayan Ruins. There are plenty to choose from, but for first timers, a visit to one of the “Big Three” Chichen Itza, Tulum or Coba is a great way to start your exploration. Although tours can take you to each of these […]
On my recent visit through the Riviera Maya, good fortune enabled me to stay at two separate Dreams Resorts. Yes, I was certainly “living the dream”. On both properties I enjoyed spending time poolside, but when heading to the Mexico’s Riviera Maya, a trip to the beach is a must. Dreams Tulum Beach Just a […]
Even as Cancun and the Riviera Maya continue to develop and grow, visitors can still find some places off the main commercialized tourist trail without going south of Tulum. One such place is Casa de Corazon in Soliman Bay. When returning to Riviera Maya I asked mi amiga Kay from LocoGringo.com about places to stay […]
Cancun, noted for its spring break fiesta feel and famed nightlife now has another option for those seeking a great evening out on the town. A night inclusive of dinner, dancing and drinking coupled with the opportunity to learn about the culture and history of Mexico. Yes, a night at Xoximilco, a theme park in […]
I pulled a cerveza from the in-room fridge and made my way down to the beach during the golden hour. I love putting my toes in the sand at sunset even if on the east coast of Mexico in the Riviera Maya. Sure, I might not see the sun itself dip below the horizon, but […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'll just say: jealous in South Carolina--bill...
- Doug Guller: Thanks Craig, very helpful! I'll be in PV in 3 wee...
- craig zabransky: Hopefully someday you will see where I left my hea...
- craig zabransky: I never mentioned ho much I loved your tag - "que ...
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- Wide Awake Thanks to the Northern Lights May 21, 2013
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017