Just like you need to get out of on the Bay of Banderas, another must do, and one of the best things to do in Puerto Vallarta is a stroll through Viejo Vallarta. A walk through the pedestrian only Malecon and the zona romantica with a sunset and cerveza on the playa de los muertos […]
No trip to Puerto Vallarta is complete without getting out on the Bay of Banderas. The Bay, home to Humpback Whales in the winter is also a great excursion in summer to snorkel Los Arcos and other places along the pristine coastline only accessible by boat, such as Majahuitas and the beach town of Yelapa. […]
How well do you know Puerto Vallarta? Do you know what the destination offers beyond the resorts? I am sure you know the Puerto Vallarta sunset, featured a few times on my Sunset Sunday series, and of course you may already love the beaches and a stroll down the malecon. And if you subscribe to […]
As Puerto Vallarta begins to focus on the next high season, many travelers will be heading to the Mexican seaside destination. Some will be repeat visitors, others first timers to Puerto Vallarta and maybe even first timers to Mexico. They can all discover this popular beach destination in Mexico is more than just margaritas and sunsets on […]
Today, I am returning to sunny Vallarta. My last time in Puerto Vallarta I worked with Visit Mexico and filmed my adventures as part of the Bitácora project. Simply translated, Bitácora means journal. I already shared episode 1 from my Riviera Nayarit Bitácora and now all the epsidoes are complete and I will be sharing […]
On a recent trip to Puerto Vallarta and the Mexican state of Jalisco, I discovered a new spirit. Certainly most visitors selecting a holiday in Puerto Vallarta know its proximity to Tequila (the town) or they learn quickly. Tequila can be found most everywhere and in most varieties and price points, but on my last […]
On my flight back from my recent trip to Mexico I looked out from my window seat and experienced a mile high moment; a mile high sunset. And I reflected on the moment. I stared and smiled for a while and then I eventually grabbed my iPhone to snap an image. My recent Mexican adventure […]
One morning, early on my travels to Puerto Vallarta, I looked out over the ocean from my room and watched the moon set. It nearly seemed like a sunset, with the reflection on the water and Bay of Banderas, but it all happened an hour before the sun would rise and start warming the very […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- William Kailiher: Don't know how I managed to see 3 episodes before ...
- William Kailiher: Great video and information Craig-- I hate to admi...
- craig zabransky: gracias y si, Mexico is a special destination. I a...
- Maryann: Really loving your journals about Mexico. I forgot...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Riviera Nayarit Episode 5: San Blas y Mexcaltitan March 16, 2017