The roar of racing engines can be heard once a year in the charming coastal Florida town of Clearwater. But Florida’s Best Beach (via a USA Today poll) doesn’t play host to any NASCAR race, but rather the roar of the Super Boat National Championships. From VIP viewing parties to wading in the water at […]
After probably one of the more challenging (now probably classified as funnier) moments in my tour of Riviera Nayarit it was clearly chela time. We needed a cerveza; we needed an ice cold beer on the beach. So before the long drive to Tepic we said out proper goodbyes to Riviera Nayarit with this view […]
The bronze statue, the firefighter monument, erected in June 2001 outside the Central Train Station for the fallen firefighters of Glasgow, took on a new meaning after the September 11th attacks on the United States. In October of 2001, two hundred fireman paid tribute to their fallen comrades from the loss of the twin towers […]
Mexico offers many treasures to its visitors. The list is endless. But one of its true golden treasures remains accessible to all- the corn tortilla. On a morning walk through the “pueblo magico” (magic town) Creel in Chihuahua I stumbled upon a Maseca; a place where corn tortillas are made early in the morning (usually […]
Churchill, Manitoba is north. Far north. It is on the edge of the Arctic Circle and near the tree line. That’s the line where the trees end and the ice world begins (in winter). In summer I imagine the tundra to be beautiful, but my trip took me up north in winter to view the […]
Hong Kong is a must see city and one must do when visiting is to take Victoria Peak Tram to take in the view of the skyline and harbor from above. It’s one of the best skyline viewpoints in the world. But what I appreciated most about the vibrant city was its contrasts. The tall […]
On a trip from Denver to Keystone, Colorado, a beer crawl actually, we made a stop at the famous Red Rocks Amphitheatre. Closed for a concert, we still had (special) access to see the theater but could not run down the steps or listen to any of the acoustics. I guess I’ll just need to […]
In the state of Sinaloa, Mexico a small mining town nestled in the mountains still holds its colonial charm. Copala, a short day trip from Mazatlan, offers visitors a wonderful chance to explore and take in history. And part of that history remains a visit to the impressive catholic church on the main square. Even […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Ted, it was great to meet her and get her advice.....
- Traveling Ted: Loved hearing Fiona speak on the Podcast. I defini...
- craig zabransky: T'is a great place.... glad it brought back fond m...
- craig zabransky: a great vantage point... when its clear you can se...
- Maryann: Absolutely loved this podcast. I have been to Dub...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- The Delights of Dublin, Staying Adventurous Ep 22 March 31, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 6 – Mirador La Bufa March 30, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 5 – Hacienda Doña Engracia March 29, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017