I love alliterations and couldn’t resist ‘Handsome” for the Harrisburg Podcast episode. Well don’t give me credit, Teddy Roosevelt used the word “handsome” first in the city, when he dedicated the new capitol in 1906. He essentially decreed and his words now appear on a tile inscribed inside the building itself. “This is the handsomest […]
I traveled to Harrisburg. Wait, where? Harrisburg, the Pennsylvania state capital city, Harrisburg? Why? Yes, that Harrisburg and I took the trip to take a look at a city and its culture. I wanted to learn about the city as travel destination. And I discovered plenty. Here is a look at what to do in […]
Wally Lake Fest, the three day weekend festival held on Lake Wallenpaupack is just days away. This August 22-24 the lake region of Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains will be crowded as visitors and locals plan to celebrate one of the last weekends of summer on the water. Last year was my first experience at Wally Lake […]
Okay, let’s play word association. Say the first word that comes to your mind when you hear (or read) the following word. Are you ready to play? The word: Lake. Lake So, what did you say? Mountains? Woods? Deer? Canoe? Did you say, “Beach?” Probably not. As I mentioned last Thursday, my definition of beach […]
Just as I entered PNC Field I felt the first drop; it started to rain. Heading to my first Triple-A baseball game I didn’t even consider a sunset moment, I just wanted to stay dry. However, a sunset moment would eventually emerge. At first we debated staying as the rain intensified. The clouds covered the […]
Over the last few years I have spent numerous hours boating on Lake Wallenpaupack but oddly, I never watched a sunset from the lake itself. The Wallenpaupack Scenic Boat tour was not a sunset tour, but boarding the pontoon boat at 7pm (in late August) set the stage for a sunset on the water. The […]
I spend plenty of time in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. My family lives there and it makes for a great escape from the city. I visit each and every season and honestly enjoy them all. I also captured a few sunsets over the years. This winter, over Christmas Break, after a fresh snowfall I […]
Today, most of my family lives in the Pocono Mountain region of Pennsylvania. And Pittston, PA might serve as the equidistant center for everyone. So it made perfect sense to meet there for dinner. We selected Cooper’s Seafood House Restaurant and Bar. And with the new “Cabana” extension designed to mimic a Key West feel, […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'll just say: jealous in South Carolina--bill...
- Doug Guller: Thanks Craig, very helpful! I'll be in PV in 3 wee...
- craig zabransky: Hopefully someday you will see where I left my hea...
- craig zabransky: I never mentioned ho much I loved your tag - "que ...
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- Wide Awake Thanks to the Northern Lights May 21, 2013
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017