The vote came down to Oklahoma or Oklahoma State last year and the crashers decided to be Cowboys. Whether it was the earlier season game with a promise of warmer tailgating weather, the Big 12 Rivalry aspect or the cowboy boots, we packed our bags for Stillwater as Oklahoma State hosted Texas. Over a dozen […]
Just before flying to El Paso, Texas I was told – we’d spend a night in Juarez too. Where? ….. Donde? Ciudad Juarez. Yes, that Juarez; the Juarez from the news. I joked about the fact it was clearly staying adventurous with the trip organizers, but admittedly, I wondered if it was also staying safe. […]
I couldn’t sleep; in fact I was wide awake. Alive. I guess you can say the lights kept me up. After my first night I even wondered if the Northern Lights, my first views of the Aurora Borealis, were just a dream, but after a second night of embracing the arctic air, the vibrant, dancing lights […]
I crossed the river and didn’t head to the airport. Yes, this spring I made the trek to Brooklyn and visited the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. I made the journey with the idea to see the Cherry Blossoms in full bloom, but I discovered more. These are the five photos from my trip to the Brooklyn […]
Dear Spring, welcome. After the past few days in New York City, it might finally be safe to say spring has arrived. Actually, it arrived a month ago. No, I am not talking about the spring (vernal) equinox, but rather the Hindu Holi Festival. Happy Holi I knew next to nothing about Holi (although my […]
A great read for Thanksgiving…
After the drinks arrived we started discussing Namibia with our server. She shared her experiences and told us a key point, make sure you run down the sand dunes. Miles away both physically and mentally we sipped cocktails at the Grand in Camps Bay, Cape Town. In just a few days we’d put on hiking […]
The desert clears your mind and calms your soul. A hike through the trails of the beautiful, and barren, provide the perfect cure for a clouded mind. On such a hike through Joshua Tree National Park I discovered more than the tree, but also a cactus cure. I woke up early, very early. I started […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Nice, definitely worth a try.... StayBananaRepubli...
- craig zabransky: Yes, such a great place... definitely a great plac...
- craig zabransky: and you can add more conch to the blood, plenty of...
- craig zabransky: Not many beaches, but there are a few, just need t...
- craig zabransky: Great destination... very colorful and plenty of b...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- 5 Tips for Planning an Adventurous Europe Vacation February 16, 2017
- A Tale of Two Beaches in Hunting State Park, South Carolina February 9, 2017
- Useful Tips for Your First Travel Photography Trip February 3, 2017
- Sunset Sunday 2016 Recap Video; 2017 Outlook January 29, 2017
- Strolling the Sands of South Padre Island January 26, 2017