To complete the Riviera Nayarit Mexico Travel Journal we actually left the Riviera. Yes, the last filming segments were no longer part of the pacific coast road trip, but an inland with a visit to capital city of Tepic and its surrounding areas. So, join us as we walk the streets and squares, as we […]
I learned about the surfing in San Blas years ago and took a roadtrip from the sun and fun of Mazatlan in the state of Sinaloa to the explore this Rivera Nayarit destination. This beach town nearly equidistant from Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, was one of the destinations I most excited to return to see […]
Do you know the Riviera Nayarit? Well, you will know the destination after watching this six episode bitacora – my travel journal – on the region. Actually you will know more about the entire state of Nayarit as we visit places not on the coast including the capital city of Tepic. You will see first […]
For many Mexico is country consisting on three main beach destinations; Los Cabos, the Riviera Maya and Cancun, and Puerto Vallarta. Yet, the country consists of so much more including many relatively “unknown” beach destinations too. Some even access the same airports as those “big 3.” If you follow along, you know I’ve make mention […]
Playa. The word translates to “beach” in Spanish, but let’s also remind ourselves, “playa” contains the English word “play.” “Play” and “Beach” is a great way to start to understand Playa del Carmen one of Mexico’s most popular beach towns in the center, or rather the heart, of the famed Riviera Maya. Playa del Carmen, the […]
Do tourists who visit Cancun and the Riviera Maya ever really experience the true essence of the culture of Mexico? My answer was always yes, and after month long adventure across the Riviera Maya and Yucatan I can assure you, yes, you can find it and enjoy it. But what about the traveler who only […]
We boarded the bus and left Palenque well before sunrise. We needed to travel far, not in distance per se, but the roads would take us through the jungles of inner Chiapas. Our destination: the Mayan Ruins of Bonampak, one of the must see, best Mayan sites in Chiapas. What’s the Buzz Inside Bonampak? The […]
I walked outside the hotel to catch the fiery, red-hot, sunset over Villahermosa in the state of Tabasco, Mexico. My Mexican adventure began here and then I bused into Chiapas and attend the ATMEX (Adventure Travel MEXico) conference in Palenque. After my trip, I took an extra day to discover more of Chiapas visiting the […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- William Kailiher: Don't know how I managed to see 3 episodes before ...
- William Kailiher: Great video and information Craig-- I hate to admi...
- craig zabransky: gracias y si, Mexico is a special destination. I a...
- Maryann: Really loving your journals about Mexico. I forgot...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Riviera Nayarit Episode 5: San Blas y Mexcaltitan March 16, 2017