I love to zip-line. And when asked, I thought I’d always select a canopy adventure (zip-line) over ATV. Then one afternoon, at Huana Coa, an adventure tour operator, outside of Mazatlan Mexico, I surprised myself. Huana Coa Canopy Adventure Huana Coa, an adventure outfit located in the Sierra Madre mountains is forty-five minutes from the […]
Join the “MexicoToday” conversation during it’s Twitter Fiesta, send a tweet, and become eligible to win two nights at the Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita in Mexico. Yes, during the Mexico Today Holiday Celebration themed “Twitter Fiesta” on December 12th at 1pm ET / 10am PT, you will have a chance to win. The Four Seasons Resort […]
On each and every new trip to a city, certain adventures always rise to the top of my to-do list. One is a walk and after I strolled the streets of Oaxaca on Sunday, I decided to make sure I performed another “must” the following morning. I headed straight to the main market, Mercado Benito Juarez, […]
The International Gourmet Food Festival just concluded in Puerto Vallarta. Last year I attended the multi (chef) star studded event and tasted specialities not just from the chefs who call Puerto Vallarta home, but from others who visit and take over kitchens and menus at some of the region’s best restaurants. It’s widely discussed and […]
We exited the bus and entered the streets in the midst of a parade, but unlike other parades this celebration was staged. Music, headdress, and confetti created a warm, festive scene. No doubt, local residents considered us their guests of honor. Such fanfare might not exist for everyone who enters San Martin Tilcajete, but after an […]
The world’s top resorts and resort brands line the beaches of the Riviera Maya. I know I toured many. And I plan to stay at a few on my next trips to the region especially as Stay Luxurious takes off next year. But even so, I am sure I will always recommend Hacienda Tres Rios […]
No, actually, ‘Cinco de Mayo’ (May 5th) is not Mexican Independence Day, the celebration begins at 11pm on each and every September 15th. The reenactment of the cry (or scream) for independence, “El Grito,” takes places in most every Mexican village, town, and city. It’s a fiesta too. The Mexicans are patriotic. Actually, in all […]
Recently I was asked the very difficult question, “What was your most memorable trip?” Too difficult to select just one, my answer is often, “well, it depends,” and then I rattle of a few destinations. But even with a long list of adventures worthy of a video, I needed to give Wanderfly one destination and one […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Ted, it was great to meet her and get her advice.....
- Traveling Ted: Loved hearing Fiona speak on the Podcast. I defini...
- craig zabransky: T'is a great place.... glad it brought back fond m...
- craig zabransky: a great vantage point... when its clear you can se...
- Maryann: Absolutely loved this podcast. I have been to Dub...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- The Delights of Dublin, Staying Adventurous Ep 22 March 31, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 6 – Mirador La Bufa March 30, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 5 – Hacienda Doña Engracia March 29, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017