I decided to return to the Mayan Ruins of Tulum during a recent trip to the Riviera Maya. Spending time in both Soliman Bay at Casa Corazon and also at Dreams Tulum, the Mayan Ruins of Tulum were so close. And this visit became my first to walk the site as a adventure travel photographer. […]
The sun rose on December 21st; the world didn’t end. Some feared the end with the “end” of the Mayan Calendar in 2012, but others welcomed it as a new era began. So to celebrate, honor, and welcome this shift in time, I wanted to share a rare (for me) sunrise (instead of a sunset) […]
Located in the jungles of Guatemala, the relatively remote Mayan Ruins of Tikal are impressive. I spent the better part of two days inside the grounds and still didn’t see everything. But from my time walking among the ruins I learned to further appreciate the Mayan Culture I’ve already grown to know from places like […]
Chichen Itza, identified as one of the new seven wonders of the world, will continue to receive attention as the Mayan Calendar closes in on a new Baktun. Translated by many scholars to a December 21, 2012 date, the day represents a new era of time or as some believe the end of time. Whichever […]
I used the light from my camera, peeled off 100 Quetzales and handed it over. He told me, “cien por persona.” He must have thought we were together. We weren’t. She paid her hundred and he continued to collect from the six or eight other people joining us. It was too dark to get an […]
I planned for a full day in Guatemala City. It was a day designed to visit many places, but my first stop was to visit a specific museum. I wanted read a Mayan Codex. So before the visit to the central market or the impressive main plaza of the capital city, I headed to the […]
Scholars debate the rules and outcome of the Mayan ballgame. It’s one of the many Mayan mysteries that still exist today. But one thing we know for sure, a game was played and Mayan ball courts can be found at many of the ruin sites today. Plus, the tour guides love to talk about them […]
Walking through the Mayan ruins in the afternoon, after my morning tour, I needed to decide where to settle in to watch a sunset. At first I returned to the gran plaza and then debated a return to the lost world (Mundo Perdido) all in the quest to find the perfect sunset inside the Mayan […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- William Kailiher: Don't know how I managed to see 3 episodes before ...
- William Kailiher: Great video and information Craig-- I hate to admi...
- craig zabransky: gracias y si, Mexico is a special destination. I a...
- Maryann: Really loving your journals about Mexico. I forgot...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Riviera Nayarit Episode 5: San Blas y Mexcaltitan March 16, 2017