This sunset photo was taken during my visit to the Petra archaeological site , from behind my hotel in the nearby town of Wadi Musa, Jordan. I had just checked in to the hotel maybe an hour or two earlier. Stepping outside onto the terrace, I felt that the rock formations that were visible from […]
The sunsets that glow over different rivers around the world must all be special, but I’m partial to the ones that light up my home here in southwestern Alaska. My family and I fly fish the Kvichak River every chance we get. It runs behind our lodge, and we’ve spent many wonderful years on its […]
Adventure holiday makers love heading to South Africa for all the amazing wildlife spotting opportunities on the many different safari trips available. But, if you’re not looking to go on a safari holiday there’s a lot more to South Africa than just wonderful nature reserves and wildlife spotting. Here’s a few of the key reasons […]
It was my first hike and fly expedition and the aim was simple to paraglide to Marmolada, Italy. I was accompanied by Jim Orava and Thomas Sloss–two crazy cool Canadians. We took off from a site just east of Tolmin, Slovenia. About 25 km down range the sky was looking ugly. With storms forming up […]
Kyrgyzstan is a small amazing country in Central Asia. In Kyrgyzstan, there are a lot of places where you can watch beautiful sunsets, but the most beautiful is on the southern coast of the Issyk-Kul (the second biggest alpine lake in the world). This coast of the lake has a special atmosphere, which is difficult […]
I captured the Lake Baikal Sunset from the shores of Olkhon Island. Lake Baikal, the deepest lake in the world, is located in eastern Russia. When visiting I stayed two nights in the village of Khuzir and took a trip back in time. With cows freely roaming around the sandy streets lined with small wooden […]
It was a Monday in early April. We were in Carmel, California after a drive up the Pacific Coast Highway with a memorable night in Big Sur. We didn’t get a sunset in that legendary stretch of the coast; it was a dark and stormy night. When we arrived in the artsy coastal town to […]
Mary Anne is a VIP all the way. It is no surprise when she provided a sunset image from Dominicus Beach, La Romana near Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic for the Sunset Sunday Series she took the photo from a VIP Terrace. I first met Mary Anne in New York, during the New York […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- William Kailiher: Don't know how I managed to see 3 episodes before ...
- William Kailiher: Great video and information Craig-- I hate to admi...
- craig zabransky: gracias y si, Mexico is a special destination. I a...
- Maryann: Really loving your journals about Mexico. I forgot...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Riviera Nayarit Episode 5: San Blas y Mexcaltitan March 16, 2017