Old Forge, the (self) proclaimed “Pizza Capital of the World,” is a place I’ve wanted to visit for nearly a decade. It’s been on my list since I first heard about the pizza in 2004 and I finally visited Old Forge and stopped at Revello’s Pizza (voted one of the best in town) for a […]
Leftovers. It is definitely a top five reason people cook Thanksgiving dinner. And for me that means Thanksgiving Tacos.Yes, all the goodness of a Thanksgiving meal wrapped up in a corn tortilla. Surprised I cook Thanksgiving, don’t be it is my fifth time and heck I even use my own homemade vegetable broth to baste […]
No, actually, ‘Cinco de Mayo’ (May 5th) is not Mexican Independence Day, the celebration begins at 11pm on each and every September 15th. The reenactment of the cry (or scream) for independence, “El Grito,” takes places in most every Mexican village, town, and city. It’s a fiesta too. The Mexicans are patriotic. Actually, in all […]
After the Camps Bay cocktail and then watching the Atlantic Ocean sunset, I walked back down the oceanfront street to return to Blues for dinner. The place recommended by the hotel concierge, provided a clean, open air setting, a vibe for great seafood. The open kitchen provided full view to us watch the chef prepare […]
Dropped off at Victoria and Alfred’s Waterfront in Cape Town, we had 90 minutes for lunch. Our guide gave recommendations from the fast and cheap (this meal was not included as part of the tour) to the elegant and elaborate. We selected the latter, and I am glad we did. Four of us left the […]
Fact: Any visit to Cape Town is not complete with out a trip to the Winelands of South Africa. Just an hour outside the city, you need to add them to your ‘must see’ list if (no when) you visit Cape Town. The majestic scenery, incredible micro-climates, and the tastings all make it a must. […]
Just up from the golden sand beaches of Mazatlán’s zona dorada (golden zone) beach goers can sit down and enjoy the food and cheerful ambiance of Alagua. Ceviche, oysters, scallops, shrimp and the local huachinango fish fill the menu. It’s seafood, seafood, seafood. And it’s delicious. On my visit, our large table ordered most everything off […]
Just across from the sands of Stone Island lunch is served. Outside on an open air deck, La Puntilla patrons enjoy not just the views of the passing cruise ships, ferries to La Paz, and cargo ships, but good quality seafood. One Saturday afternoon as part of a table of eight, I noticed big parties […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- William Kailiher: Don't know how I managed to see 3 episodes before ...
- William Kailiher: Great video and information Craig-- I hate to admi...
- craig zabransky: gracias y si, Mexico is a special destination. I a...
- Maryann: Really loving your journals about Mexico. I forgot...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Riviera Nayarit Episode 5: San Blas y Mexcaltitan March 16, 2017