Old Forge, the (self) proclaimed “Pizza Capital of the World,” is a place I’ve wanted to visit for nearly a decade. It’s been on my list since I first heard about the pizza in 2004 and I finally visited Old Forge and stopped at Revello’s Pizza (voted one of the best in town) for a […]
Leftovers. It is definitely a top five reason people cook Thanksgiving dinner. And for me that means Thanksgiving Tacos.Yes, all the goodness of a Thanksgiving meal wrapped up in a corn tortilla. Surprised I cook Thanksgiving, don’t be it is my fifth time and heck I even use my own homemade vegetable broth to baste […]
No, actually, ‘Cinco de Mayo’ (May 5th) is not Mexican Independence Day, the celebration begins at 11pm on each and every September 15th. The reenactment of the cry (or scream) for independence, “El Grito,” takes places in most every Mexican village, town, and city. It’s a fiesta too. The Mexicans are patriotic. Actually, in all […]
After the Camps Bay cocktail and then watching the Atlantic Ocean sunset, I walked back down the oceanfront street to return to Blues for dinner. The place recommended by the hotel concierge, provided a clean, open air setting, a vibe for great seafood. The open kitchen provided full view to us watch the chef prepare […]
Dropped off at Victoria and Alfred’s Waterfront in Cape Town, we had 90 minutes for lunch. Our guide gave recommendations from the fast and cheap (this meal was not included as part of the tour) to the elegant and elaborate. We selected the latter, and I am glad we did. Four of us left the […]
Fact: Any visit to Cape Town is not complete with out a trip to the Winelands of South Africa. Just an hour outside the city, you need to add them to your ‘must see’ list if (no when) you visit Cape Town. The majestic scenery, incredible micro-climates, and the tastings all make it a must. […]
Just up from the golden sand beaches of Mazatlán’s zona dorada (golden zone) beach goers can sit down and enjoy the food and cheerful ambiance of Alagua. Ceviche, oysters, scallops, shrimp and the local huachinango fish fill the menu. It’s seafood, seafood, seafood. And it’s delicious. On my visit, our large table ordered most everything off […]
Just across from the sands of Stone Island lunch is served. Outside on an open air deck, La Puntilla patrons enjoy not just the views of the passing cruise ships, ferries to La Paz, and cargo ships, but good quality seafood. One Saturday afternoon as part of a table of eight, I noticed big parties […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Nice, definitely worth a try.... StayBananaRepubli...
- craig zabransky: Yes, such a great place... definitely a great plac...
- craig zabransky: and you can add more conch to the blood, plenty of...
- craig zabransky: Not many beaches, but there are a few, just need t...
- craig zabransky: Great destination... very colorful and plenty of b...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- 5 Tips for Planning an Adventurous Europe Vacation February 16, 2017
- A Tale of Two Beaches in Hunting State Park, South Carolina February 9, 2017
- Useful Tips for Your First Travel Photography Trip February 3, 2017
- Sunset Sunday 2016 Recap Video; 2017 Outlook January 29, 2017
- Strolling the Sands of South Padre Island January 26, 2017