As I type this on a brisk Sunday morning, I feel blessed. Not just blessed to miss the cold (it’s in the 50s here) but blessed as my new place in Islamorada is just steps from the Florida Keys sunset. Steps I can walk every day. Yes, each evening (not just Sunday), I can walk […]
After exploring Ponte Vedra Beach for the first time to take a rest in the Florida sunshine, I decided not to head back to interstate I 95 but to continue south on A1A and make for a sunset stop in Vilano Beach, Florida. Just before I needed to head back across the bridge and head […]
After entering Florida and taking the highway I-95 south past Jacksonville, you can make a left and head for the Atlantic coast and some of Florida’s famous beaches. Before St Augustine travelers can discover Ponte Vedra, Florida Definitely worth a stop and also, the beach offers facilities to change and clean up, perfect for those […]
When visiting Clearwater, Florida I made sure to sample the seaside city’s cuisine and experience local culture through cuisine. All noteworthy destinations have a special meal, a delicious dish, and in Clearwater, Florida it is all about the Grouper. Every restaurant has grouper on the menu… You’ll find grouper fingers before chicken fingers. The fish […]
The roar of racing engines can be heard once a year in the charming coastal Florida town of Clearwater. But Florida’s Best Beach (via a USA Today poll) doesn’t play host to any NASCAR race, but rather the roar of the Super Boat National Championships. From VIP viewing parties to wading in the water at […]
At first, I was shocked at the price; seventy-five dollars for half an hour seemed steep. I was offered fifty-five (on the phone) at the shop by Snappers (mm94) earlier in the week, but no one was at the dock when I arrived. It’s the Keys. At times, I thought I just wasn’t meant to […]
Better breakfast options exist on Ocean Drive when searching solely on food. But people flock to the iconic News Cafe in South Beach for good reason. It’s an institution. And you don’t see the Miami Herald or the NY Times at too many tables, the news shared here is not in the paper. This is […]
Sometimes the setting makes the meal. Sometimes, it’s the views, and other times it’s the mission of a place that can make every bite taste a tad better. At the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, an exquisite brunch with an outside garden view made for a perfect Easter Sunday meal. Sunday brunch, buffet style, included unlimited […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Ted, it was great to meet her and get her advice.....
- Traveling Ted: Loved hearing Fiona speak on the Podcast. I defini...
- craig zabransky: T'is a great place.... glad it brought back fond m...
- craig zabransky: a great vantage point... when its clear you can se...
- Maryann: Absolutely loved this podcast. I have been to Dub...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Preparing for Santiago de Cuba and Toasting the Joy of Discovery at Sunset April 30, 2017
- The Delights of Dublin, Staying Adventurous Ep 22 March 31, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 6 – Mirador La Bufa March 30, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 5 – Hacienda Doña Engracia March 29, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017