On any list of best drives in America, you’ll see the Overseas Highway, driving from the tip of Florida all the way to Key West. I can’t recommend it enough. What people don’t often realize this two-hour plus adventure (not counting the time from Miami) covers over 100 miles of Keys. Yes, there are more […]
As I type this on a brisk Sunday morning, I feel blessed. Not just blessed to miss the cold (it’s in the 50s here) but blessed as my new place in Islamorada is just steps from the Florida Keys sunset. Steps I can walk every day. Yes, each evening (not just Sunday), I can walk […]
For many the Florida Keys equates to Key West. When I often tell people I relocated to the Florida Keys, they start telling me stories about Key West even if they drove through the Florida Keys, the 100 plus miles of the Florida Keys, they mention Key West. Well, there is much more to the […]
Visitors don’t (or shouldn’t) come to the Keys for solely a beach holiday. That said, they are a few gems. One of those is the beach at the Moorings in Islamorada. The Moorings, or Moorings Village and Spa is a high end luxury property. Visitors essentially stay in beach front houses not hotel rooms. And […]
I consider the Florida Keys an American paradise. Yes, I do. And there are multiple ways to appreciate its beauty. One of my favorite ways is from the sky. Yes, take to the sky in a parasail and view majesty of the water and the islands (or keys) from above. Key Largo Hilton and Caribbean […]
For those who don’t know the Florida Keys, they might picture idyllic beaches for leisure, but actually the Florida Keys are much more popular for boating, fishing, sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, scuba, and even jet-skiing on the water. It doesn’t offer too many beaches. But even with this dearth of beaches, visitors can find a few […]
On a recent trip to the upper Florida Keys, I decided to meet up with Claudia one of the founders of the Florida Keys twitter chat for a sunset. We selected the Bayside Grille in Key Largo. Located at mile marker 99.5, the location offers a restaurant upstairs and a more casual bar below. We […]
Meals at sunset in the Florida Keys can be found up and down US1, the Overseas Highway. Directions to any of the places to watch the magic will also always include a mile marker. Of the 110 plus miles (or markers) from the mainland to Key West (mm 0), I’d recommend a few along the […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Nice, definitely worth a try.... StayBananaRepubli...
- craig zabransky: Yes, such a great place... definitely a great plac...
- craig zabransky: and you can add more conch to the blood, plenty of...
- craig zabransky: Not many beaches, but there are a few, just need t...
- craig zabransky: Great destination... very colorful and plenty of b...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- 5 Tips for Planning an Adventurous Europe Vacation February 16, 2017
- A Tale of Two Beaches in Hunting State Park, South Carolina February 9, 2017
- Useful Tips for Your First Travel Photography Trip February 3, 2017
- Sunset Sunday 2016 Recap Video; 2017 Outlook January 29, 2017
- Strolling the Sands of South Padre Island January 26, 2017