In the countryside of Guatemala little variety exists in cuisine choice. The recent and long conflict that just ended in the 1990s (1960-1996) perhaps can be blamed for keeping travelers and other cultures away for years. So when I noticed a small Asian place in Flores, my curiosity peaked and I entered Sucia for a […]
I always ponder the quote, “there are no rest stops on the road of life” for its core truth, but thankfully when traveling across the barren landscape of Namibia rest stops, although limited, do exist. Yet, a stop in Solitaire provides more than just a chance to gas up, stretch the legs, hit the bathroom or […]
The small hills, narrow streets and colorful architecture can confuse. Visitors may believe they are on holiday somewhere in the Mediterranean instead of in Flores, Guatemala. To further the confusion, cafe Il Terrazzo offers tasty Italian fare with great views of the water. With a 2 for 1 happy hour special, a view of the […]
Breakfast. Some argue it is the most important meal, and well if I were rising early and attempting to learn another language I’d make sure to eat a hearty one too. At the San Pedro Spanish school, in San Pedro on Lake Atitlan, breakfast is included with classes. The on-site cafe, called Cafe la Puerta, […]
Better breakfast options exist on Ocean Drive when searching solely on food. But people flock to the iconic News Cafe in South Beach for good reason. It’s an institution. And you don’t see the Miami Herald or the NY Times at too many tables, the news shared here is not in the paper. This is […]
Sometimes the setting makes the meal. Sometimes, it’s the views, and other times it’s the mission of a place that can make every bite taste a tad better. At the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, an exquisite brunch with an outside garden view made for a perfect Easter Sunday meal. Sunday brunch, buffet style, included unlimited […]
I firmly believe we all need to treat ourselves. We must take time to enjoy life’s many pleasures. For many, including myself, that occasionally translates into tasting great cuisine. Simply, food is more than subsistence. Good food makes a good day and great food makes for a great day. And when you travel to South […]
A few years ago, I searched for a place to spend time in downtown Miami. I figured I’d write, entertain a bite to eat and perhaps a cocktail; I held low expectations. But, I stumbled on a place I’d return to week after week and then again the following year. I discovered the downtown delight […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Nice, definitely worth a try.... StayBananaRepubli...
- craig zabransky: Yes, such a great place... definitely a great plac...
- craig zabransky: and you can add more conch to the blood, plenty of...
- craig zabransky: Not many beaches, but there are a few, just need t...
- craig zabransky: Great destination... very colorful and plenty of b...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- 5 Tips for Planning an Adventurous Europe Vacation February 16, 2017
- A Tale of Two Beaches in Hunting State Park, South Carolina February 9, 2017
- Useful Tips for Your First Travel Photography Trip February 3, 2017
- Sunset Sunday 2016 Recap Video; 2017 Outlook January 29, 2017
- Strolling the Sands of South Padre Island January 26, 2017