One of the oldest squares in Cape Town, Greenmarket Square can be found just a few blocks off Long Street in the center of the city. On one end of the street, I stayed at the Westin on the other end I found the perfect Royale with Cheese burger. And if you head to Cape Town […]
During the World Cup, I spent a few nights in Cape Town. The $15 USD dorm rate at local hostels suddenly changed and the rates skyrocketed to nearly $50 (even more at some places) so I decided to take action. I checked in to the Westin, an SPG property that provided a pay and points […]
During my time in Cape Town, I connected with Acacia Africa. The overland tour company provided me a half day tour of the city highlighted by a visit to the District 6 museum. Afterwards, they took me by the office and allowed me to see operations and listen to the stories of past adventure. Africa […]
After the Camps Bay cocktail and then watching the Atlantic Ocean sunset, I walked back down the oceanfront street to return to Blues for dinner. The place recommended by the hotel concierge, provided a clean, open air setting, a vibe for great seafood. The open kitchen provided full view to us watch the chef prepare […]
Dropped off at Victoria and Alfred’s Waterfront in Cape Town, we had 90 minutes for lunch. Our guide gave recommendations from the fast and cheap (this meal was not included as part of the tour) to the elegant and elaborate. We selected the latter, and I am glad we did. Four of us left the […]
I arrived in Camps Bay, the glitzy oceanfront neighborhood of Cape Town a few hours early. And after finding the restaurant slated for dinner, I decided to walk along the seashore and pass time. The roar of the ocean, the smell of the Atlantic, and the refreshing afternoon breeze put my mind very far away […]
The burger. Regardless of where you are in the States, you can usually find a good, even a great burger place. Yet, such a quest can prove rather challenging outside America. Even in destination where you sink your teeth into the very best steak on the planet, as in Argentina (I lived in Buenos Aires nearly two months), the burger […]
In Africa, I dreamed of safari, sunsets, soccer (World Cup) and deep discovery into my soul. I found it all and more. But one surprise for me, and my Stay Luxurious side was passage on South Africa’s Blue Train from Pretoria to Cape Town. The invitation, experience, and twenty-eight elegant hours I received, remain one […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- William Kailiher: Don't know how I managed to see 3 episodes before ...
- William Kailiher: Great video and information Craig-- I hate to admi...
- craig zabransky: gracias y si, Mexico is a special destination. I a...
- Maryann: Really loving your journals about Mexico. I forgot...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Riviera Nayarit Episode 5: San Blas y Mexcaltitan March 16, 2017