Okay, let’s play word association. Say the first word that comes to your mind when you hear (or read) the following word. Are you ready to play? The word: Lake. Lake So, what did you say? Mountains? Woods? Deer? Canoe? Did you say, “Beach?” Probably not. As I mentioned last Thursday, my definition of beach […]
After a visit to Sentosa I would have bet the translation of the word into English was “sensation.” Singapore’s amusement resort, created for all ages, provides stimulation at every turn. Ironically it translates to “peace and harmony,” but I guess a certain tranquility exists in all places where the land meets the sea. The original […]
The plane landed in Pensacola, Florida and I was in the Florida Pan Handle for the first time. My next stop, the reason for my visit, were the beaches on the Gulf of Mexico. I wanted to learn more about Pensacola, to spend more time in the Florida gulf coast city, but we decided to […]
Portugal has long been a favorite destination of sun-seeking holidaymakers, and it’s not hard to see why. With a temperate climate that promises scorching summers and mild winters, with a stunning capital city, large sprawling vineyards and beautiful rolling landscapes, it’s easy to fall in love with Portugal. For many sun-seekers, holidays to Portugal mean […]
There’s no doubt that Jamaica stands apart from other Caribbean vacation spots. A strong African heritage remains today, in the cuisine, native identity and perhaps most strikingly, in the music. There are still the soaring peaks, jungle wetlands and idyllic beach resorts to make holidays here more than worthwhile. But the heart of Jamaica retains […]
Romance seems to be everywhere in Mexico and the beaches of Puerto Vallarta are no exception. At times it can even be written in the sand. This couple walks away after drawing a heart on the beach. Yes, Puerto Vallarta provides a great opportunity for romance. In fact, the most popular beach in town is […]
Visitors don’t (or shouldn’t) come to the Keys for solely a beach holiday. That said, they are a few gems. One of those is the beach at the Moorings in Islamorada. The Moorings, or Moorings Village and Spa is a high end luxury property. Visitors essentially stay in beach front houses not hotel rooms. And […]
I consider the Florida Keys an American paradise. Yes, I do. And there are multiple ways to appreciate its beauty. One of my favorite ways is from the sky. Yes, take to the sky in a parasail and view majesty of the water and the islands (or keys) from above. Key Largo Hilton and Caribbean […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Nice, definitely worth a try.... StayBananaRepubli...
- craig zabransky: Yes, such a great place... definitely a great plac...
- craig zabransky: and you can add more conch to the blood, plenty of...
- craig zabransky: Not many beaches, but there are a few, just need t...
- craig zabransky: Great destination... very colorful and plenty of b...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- 5 Tips for Planning an Adventurous Europe Vacation February 16, 2017
- A Tale of Two Beaches in Hunting State Park, South Carolina February 9, 2017
- Useful Tips for Your First Travel Photography Trip February 3, 2017
- Sunset Sunday 2016 Recap Video; 2017 Outlook January 29, 2017
- Strolling the Sands of South Padre Island January 26, 2017