Although Beaufort, South Carolina is technically on the water, to get to an Atlantic Coast beach one must still navigate to the ocean and for such beach-goers the best place to put your toes in the sand is Hunting Island State Park. Just sixteen miles from historic downtown, the 5,000 acre State Park provides a […]
When I say or type “Texas,” do you think “beach holiday?” Well, after visiting South Padre Island, Texas I learned response is feasible. The island located just north of Mexico, a place I once considered for spring break, changed my views on Texas. I discovered not a spring break party, but a beach paradise on […]
When traveling to Belize for the first time, I headed to Placencia and checked in to the Laru Beya Hotel. On assignment to explore the new cruise island destination of Harvest Caye, we spent two evenings on the mainland. My first evening, I enjoyed some time on the sands of the beach. A walk on […]
For many Mexico is country consisting on three main beach destinations; Los Cabos, the Riviera Maya and Cancun, and Puerto Vallarta. Yet, the country consists of so much more including many relatively “unknown” beach destinations too. Some even access the same airports as those “big 3.” If you follow along, you know I’ve make mention […]
In recent years, Fort Lauderdale was essentially FLL, an airport en route to Miami and the Florida Keys until I decided to visit the beach and spend a few nights. I realized I didn’t choose the best time to visit Fort Lauderdale Beach, but I left admiring the beauty of the sea, sand and surf. […]
When staying in a house in Puerto Adventuras in the Riviera Maya, I received directions to Xpu-ha beach. Apparently, Xpu-ha was “a” or maybe “the” beach used in the famous Corona commercials. Therefore, I needed to not just find my beach (the advertisement slogan) but also certainly find this beach so I took off to […]
I may have a new favorite beach town in Spain and it may just be Spain’s Best Beach town – period. Yes, after spending ten days on the beach in Sitges, Catalonia I can confirm this Barcelona beach escape as one place to top your lists in Spain. For me, it may just surpass San […]
After entering Florida and taking the highway I-95 south past Jacksonville, you can make a left and head for the Atlantic coast and some of Florida’s famous beaches. Before St Augustine travelers can discover Ponte Vedra, Florida Definitely worth a stop and also, the beach offers facilities to change and clean up, perfect for those […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Ted, it was great to meet her and get her advice.....
- Traveling Ted: Loved hearing Fiona speak on the Podcast. I defini...
- craig zabransky: T'is a great place.... glad it brought back fond m...
- craig zabransky: a great vantage point... when its clear you can se...
- Maryann: Absolutely loved this podcast. I have been to Dub...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- The Delights of Dublin, Staying Adventurous Ep 22 March 31, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 6 – Mirador La Bufa March 30, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 5 – Hacienda Doña Engracia March 29, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017