When flying out for a holiday escape in Tenerife most probably think to relax on holiday to the Canary Island and complete with swimming in the sea and lounging in the sun An outdoor explorer might be looking forward to a climb up Mount Teide, or the chance to explore Tenerife’s stunning scenery. What you […]
Travel teaches. You learn on the road through your experience, especially when you keep the right mindset. Travel shows you the different side of a place you thought you knew. And travel to Africa really opened my eyes to the continent. Now, the hashtag #TheAfricaTheMediaNeverShowsYou is trending on Twitter for good reason. The view of […]
I always ponder the quote, “there are no rest stops on the road of life” for its core truth, but thankfully when traveling across the barren landscape of Namibia rest stops, although limited, do exist. Yet, a stop in Solitaire provides more than just a chance to gas up, stretch the legs, hit the bathroom or […]
After the drinks arrived we started discussing Namibia with our server. She shared her experiences and told us a key point, make sure you run down the sand dunes. Miles away both physically and mentally we sipped cocktails at the Grand in Camps Bay, Cape Town. In just a few days we’d put on hiking […]
As I watch the CONCACAF Gold Cup, (soccer tournament) I recall the magic of last June. I recall the world coming together to watch soccer, recall witnessing South Africa continue to heal through sports, and I recall believing I’d see USA play a World Cup match. When my tour through Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia and […]
Africa was once labeled the “dark continent,” because so much was unknown, or rather unknown to us. I am not sure it is any more unknown or remote when compared with destinations in Asia or South America, but I can say that much of the region is unknown to me (and maybe you too?) My […]
One of the oldest squares in Cape Town, Greenmarket Square can be found just a few blocks off Long Street in the center of the city. On one end of the street, I stayed at the Westin on the other end I found the perfect Royale with Cheese burger. And if you head to Cape Town […]
During the World Cup, I spent a few nights in Cape Town. The $15 USD dorm rate at local hostels suddenly changed and the rates skyrocketed to nearly $50 (even more at some places) so I decided to take action. I checked in to the Westin, an SPG property that provided a pay and points […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Nice, definitely worth a try.... StayBananaRepubli...
- craig zabransky: Yes, such a great place... definitely a great plac...
- craig zabransky: and you can add more conch to the blood, plenty of...
- craig zabransky: Not many beaches, but there are a few, just need t...
- craig zabransky: Great destination... very colorful and plenty of b...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- 5 Tips for Planning an Adventurous Europe Vacation February 16, 2017
- A Tale of Two Beaches in Hunting State Park, South Carolina February 9, 2017
- Useful Tips for Your First Travel Photography Trip February 3, 2017
- Sunset Sunday 2016 Recap Video; 2017 Outlook January 29, 2017
- Strolling the Sands of South Padre Island January 26, 2017