I learned about the surfing in San Blas years ago and took a roadtrip from the sun and fun of Mazatlan in the state of Sinaloa to the explore this Rivera Nayarit destination. This beach town nearly equidistant from Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta, was one of the destinations I most excited to return to see […]
This sunset photo was taken during my visit to the Petra archaeological site , from behind my hotel in the nearby town of Wadi Musa, Jordan. I had just checked in to the hotel maybe an hour or two earlier. Stepping outside onto the terrace, I felt that the rock formations that were visible from […]
On my recent Staying Adventurous podcast I attempted to discover an answer to the top travel question, “What is your favorite travel destination?” In my many responses and destinations, I personally mentioned surfing in Sayulita. I loved it there and in the Riviera Nayairt. And now in the 4th episode of the Mexico Travel Journal […]
Come along in this episode as we explore Islas Marietas, a National Park filled with marine life and hidden beaches and also as we pamper ourselves through the luxury of the beautiful beaches (and resorts) in Punta Mita, Riviera Nayarit. Discover the what to do in Punta Mita, Nayarit and uncover more Mexico travel tips […]
Episode 2 of my Mexico Travel Journal takes us just outside of Puerto Vallarta and into the Mexican state of Nayarit to some of the first stops along the Riviera Nayarit Pacific coast. Watch and learn about the beach towns of Nuevo Vallarta and Bucerias. Explore the markets including fish market in La Cruz de […]
Do you know the Riviera Nayarit? Well, you will know the destination after watching this six episode bitacora – my travel journal – on the region. Actually you will know more about the entire state of Nayarit as we visit places not on the coast including the capital city of Tepic. You will see first […]
Do you ever get asked, or do you ask the toughest question in travel? So, What is your favorite destination?” We all ask it…. and with a career in travel I get asked this travel question often. Very often. My answer often changes based on my audience, my mood and maybe my most recent adventure. […]
The sunsets that glow over different rivers around the world must all be special, but I’m partial to the ones that light up my home here in southwestern Alaska. My family and I fly fish the Kvichak River every chance we get. It runs behind our lodge, and we’ve spent many wonderful years on its […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
Welcome to “Stay Adventurous.” And since I introduce myself in every personal journal I write in, let me also introduce myself here.
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- craig zabransky: Ted, it was great to meet her and get her advice.....
- Traveling Ted: Loved hearing Fiona speak on the Podcast. I defini...
- craig zabransky: T'is a great place.... glad it brought back fond m...
- craig zabransky: a great vantage point... when its clear you can se...
- Maryann: Absolutely loved this podcast. I have been to Dub...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Preparing for Santiago de Cuba and Toasting the Joy of Discovery at Sunset April 30, 2017
- The Delights of Dublin, Staying Adventurous Ep 22 March 31, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 6 – Mirador La Bufa March 30, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 5 – Hacienda Doña Engracia March 29, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 4: San Sebastian del Oeste March 27, 2017