Do you know the Riviera Nayarit? Well, you will know the destination after watching this six episode bitacora – my travel journal – on the region. Actually you will know more about the entire state of Nayarit as we visit places not on the coast including the capital city of Tepic. You will see first […]
Do you ever get asked, or do you ask the toughest question in travel? So, What is your favorite destination?” We all ask it…. and with a career in travel I get asked this travel question often. Very often. My answer often changes based on my audience, my mood and maybe my most recent adventure. […]
The sunsets that glow over different rivers around the world must all be special, but I’m partial to the ones that light up my home here in southwestern Alaska. My family and I fly fish the Kvichak River every chance we get. It runs behind our lodge, and we’ve spent many wonderful years on its […]
You don’t want the typical European vacation with crowded tourist spots, brand-name hotels, or meals at chain restaurants. Instead, you prefer adventures, and want something different out of your travels.The number of adventures you can have in Europe is astounding, so take your time crafting a trip that you’ll remember for the rest of your […]
A few years back, when it dawned on me that I wanted to travel the world independently, one thing I was ecstatic about is having a lot of time on my hands to photograph stunning landmarks, interesting cultures, and wonderful people. Since I started traveling, I’ve always made sure that everything will go according to […]
No doubt the Sunset Sunday series visited plenty of amazing places in 2016. From the mountains of North Korea to the waterways inside Tuscany, the plains of Montana to the lowlands of South Carolina the series again demonstrated how a universally shared event is different across the world. Each day the sunset is something we […]
When I say or type “Texas,” do you think “beach holiday?” Well, after visiting South Padre Island, Texas I learned response is feasible. The island located just north of Mexico, a place I once considered for spring break, changed my views on Texas. I discovered not a spring break party, but a beach paradise on […]
When traveling to Belize for the first time, I headed to Placencia and checked in to the Laru Beya Hotel. On assignment to explore the new cruise island destination of Harvest Caye, we spent two evenings on the mainland. My first evening, I enjoyed some time on the sands of the beach. A walk on […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
Welcome to “Stay Adventurous.” And since I introduce myself in every personal journal I write in, let me also introduce myself here.
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- William Kailiher: Don't know how I managed to see 3 episodes before ...
- William Kailiher: Great video and information Craig-- I hate to admi...
- craig zabransky: gracias y si, Mexico is a special destination. I a...
- Maryann: Really loving your journals about Mexico. I forgot...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Riviera Nayarit Episode 5: San Blas y Mexcaltitan March 16, 2017