In Europe the predilection for heading south in the summer means that the Baltics still represent relatively uncharted territory. After all, who wants to venture further north after another dismal winter? However, the truth is that a veritable treasure trove of destinations awaits if you are willing to forgo your stint in the Med So, […]
Last month, I accepted the invitation to sail two nights on Royal Caribbean’s new ship, the Quantum of the Seas.The “Smart Ship” designed to take a Quantum Leap forward definitely impressed with its advancements across all offerings including from RipCord by iFly skydiving simulation, the North Star (a 360 degree view of the cruise ship […]
The last stop on my seven night Alaskan Cruise, Victoria, was a relatively short one. It didn’t leave much time to explore the Canadian city. Yet, I knew I would be ashore for a sunset; a sunset in Victoria, BC. Four of us took a cab from the pier straight to dine in Victoria’s popular […]
I boarded the ms Westerdam in Seattle’s harbor on a most beautiful afternoon. The crystal clear blue sky along with the glistening water of the Puget Sound made for a perfect setting to set sail. It was the perfect time to celebrate too. I was heading north to visit America’s final frontier – Alaska. After […]
Do you need a reason to take a cruise? Some travelers love the cruise vacation, others don’t. I wondered where I’d stand after nearly a twenty year absence from the “cruise” holiday. Before I boarded the ms Zuiderdam last year, my last sail of similar magnitude was as a teenager with my parents. I realized […]
“Bring your scuba to Aruba.” That was all the buzz as we sailed towards Aruba. But I didn’t “scuba.” I never have. Therefore, I chose the next best option – snorkel. And the snorkel excursion meant a trip to De Palm Island. De Palm Island The island was just a few minutes away and extremely […]
The ms Zuiderdam docked in Willemstad, Curacao and I disembarked the cruise ship with no official excursion plans. I planned to meet my friend. Ichieron and I worked together in Mexico City and now I was visiting his native island. He told me he’d be waiting by the ship; he was. After a morning beer […]
Passage through the Panama Canal is on most maritime travelers’ bucket lists. And now after a recent cruise through the Caribbean I can check it off mine. The canal itself is impressive, very impressive. It is a modern marvel approaching 100 years operation still with its original locks. “Panamex” compliant cruise ships (a max of […]
Sign Up: Stay Adventurous Newsletter
@Stayadventurous on Instagram
- William Kailiher: I'm on it--...
- William Kailiher: Don't know how I managed to see 3 episodes before ...
- William Kailiher: Great video and information Craig-- I hate to admi...
- craig zabransky: gracias y si, Mexico is a special destination. I a...
- Maryann: Really loving your journals about Mexico. I forgot...
- Travel Contest – Win Two Nights at the Courtyard by Marriott November 15, 2011
- 10 Travel Tips on How to Travel Local October 11, 2012
- The Morning March to the Tikal Temple Sunrise May 29, 2012
- Chepe – All Aboard the Chihuahua Pacifico Train to Copper Canyon November 9, 2012
- A Walk through the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza November 6, 2012
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 3: Viejo Vallarta March 24, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 2 – Bay of Banderas March 23, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Puerto Vallarta Episode 1 – An Introduction to Puerto Vallarta March 21, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal Riviera Nayarit Episode 6: Tepic and More from Nayarit March 20, 2017
- Mexico Travel Journal: Riviera Nayarit Episode 5: San Blas y Mexcaltitan March 16, 2017